Digital Content Specialist
- 219 – 2211 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
We find solutions for living within the limits of nature. Through a combination of sound science and active public engagement, we seek to motivate Canadians to take action on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Our Foundation is an independent charity, supported by over 30,000 donors from across Canada and abroad. With headquarters in Vancouver and offices in Toronto and Montreal, we address issues from coast to coast to coast, in both official languages. With the support of scientists, academics, progressive businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations and tens of thousands of Canadian we aim to achieve this vision: That within a generation Canadians act on the understanding that we are interconnected and interdependent with nature, and with each other.
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Position Title: Digital Content Specialist
Terms: Permanent, full-time (4-day week)
Location: Based at our Vancouver office
Reporting: Web, Email & Analytics Manager
Salary: Based on experience
- Are you a digital content specialist extraordinaire looking for that next challenge to move you along on your career path?
- Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
- Would you like to be part of a great organization that has a strong commitment to support protecting nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future?
About the role:
At the David Suzuki Foundation (DSF), we are a group of exceptionally talented, bright, and passionate people working to make a real difference in the world. We are looking for a committed, collaborative, creative and solution-oriented Digital Content Specialist to join our Digital & Technology team of ten, headquartered in Vancouver.
Your Responsibilities. You are passionate about, and skilled in the following areas.
- You curate, post, publish and maintain high-quality and effective web content easily. You know how to engage our audiences and support DSF’s goals.
- You always identify great content opportunities, and develop content when needed.
- You own the website content strategy!
- You know how ensure the content adheres to our voice and guidelines and is clear, compelling and consistent.
- You ensure it’s consistently executed and is improved constantly.
- You manage end-to-end process for publishing web content, from ideation to intake to publishing, ensuring collaboration with teams.
- You proactively suggest functional enhancements to the website based on content performance and needs, work hand-in hand with the web team to scope.
- You develop and own the guidelines and best practices for web content creation!
- You know how to ensure accessibility, SEO, mobile, content performance and target audiences are included with all content.
- You like to train staff on website content strategy, guidelines and best practices.
- You have a deep understanding of our website audiences and content needed to engage them.
- You optimize website content for both external (SEO) and internal search.
- Proactively suggest functional enhancements to the website based on content performance and needs. Work with the web team to scope out these enhancements
- You own organisation of the CMS and supporting digital assets!
- Create supporting documentation and training where required.
- You set KPIs for web content!
- You use metrics to evaluate content effectiveness against goals.
- You regularly report on these metrics and provide key insights across the organisation.
- You ensure adjustments are being made as needed to continually improve performance.
Other digital content:
- You create content to support A/B testing and digital marketing initiatives across web, email and social channels.
- You are an expert and ensure digital content is consistently well represented across all digital channels (e.g. web, social and email).
- You source digital assets (images, videos, podcasts) and create and maintain a process for storing, organizing and retrieving digital assets.
- You support with content production, management and publishing on other digital channels, including chatbot, SMS and any new channels.
- You are eager to support special assignments and projects, and wider DSF campaigns.
- You support the Digital team by creating periodic internal communications (newsletters, presentations at all staff meetings, etc.)
Skills, experience and knowledge required:
- 3+ years accredited experience in web content management and digital marketing, or a combination of training and work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing, digital, public relations or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong technical experience with a variety of software programs, applications and tools including: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, other relevant photo editing tools, WordPress CMS and Google Analytics
- Exceptional and proven writing and editing experience. Majority of duties involve strategizing, coordinating and posting content produced by others, some web, email and other digital writing required.
- Superb visual communication skills with an understanding of how to present information working with an established brand.
- Proven subject matter expert with an audience-first approach to content for digital marketing and testing initiatives.
- SEO writing experience.
- French language skills considered an asset.
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated self-starter, driven by your own initiative to prioritize competing demands and to deliver high quality products.
- Strong attention to detail and a creative flair. Positive, collaborative, team player.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- You thrive and work well in a busy, deadline-driven and information-rich workplace.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a positive “can-do” attitude that infuses the team with energy and impact, and still meet expected deadlines.
- Project management skills considered an asset.
- Strong personal values that align with DSF's mission and values, demonstrated through professional or community involvement.
What You Get:
- Being a part of a team of superstars.
- Generous benefit package.
- 4-day work week.
- Amazing work culture with smart colleagues that care.
- A chance to have an impact on the health of the planet.
- An experience working in an organization with a focus on technology.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/ . The position will stay open until filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, First Nations, Inuit and Metis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.