Java Technical Lead
- Parsippany Rd, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ, USA
• Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms.
• Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
• Day to day coaching and monitoring of all efforts related to designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of decommissioning applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
• Design solutions and proof of concepts (POCS)
• Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
• Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
• Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
• Mentoring junior team members and helping senior team members and architects in design decisions.
6 + years: Java, Node.js,Akamai,Endeca, Secuirty teams, AWS tech stack, Postgres, Dynamo DB, S3,TIBCO , Unix scripting , SQL
• 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise applications.
• Proven experience in core Java and J2EE technologies.
• Strong working experience in various Spring frameworks – Spring MVC, Spring boot, Spring Security etc.
• Experience in using version control tools like GitHub and Subversion.
• Experience working with development /scrum teams to support projects.
• Expertise in creating SOAP and/or REST Web Services for large volume enterprise consumption.
• Good SQL database experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.
• Experience in using UNIX, Linux Operating systems, and well versed using various commands.
• Experience in using Jenkins, SonarQube and various CD/CI tools.
• Develop backend services for integration (using Java/ J2EE)
• Manage deployments on AWS EC2 and Lambda
• Experience in Integration of Amazon Web Services AWS with other applications infrastructure.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.