- AZ-101 Loop, Tempe, AZ, USA
Note - This position is more Hands On type of role. Need strong hands on VMWare experience along with extensive Linux/Windows OS Experience. Automation background and Programming languages is a Big Plus
This job is part of the Enterprise Compute Infrastructure team and includes architecting future state virtualization solutions including on-premise private cloud, integration with public cloud solutions and automated operations. This role also includes engineering activities in support of day to day management of Hypervisors (VMWare) and Operating Systems (Linux and Windows). This person is also responsible for making improvements to the existing systems to operate them in an optimized manner and or to improve the reliability and availability. Additionally, responsible for participating in Disaster Recovery exercises on a regular basis.
• Accountable for technology roadmaps related to virtualization technologies, APIs, automation and cloud adoption
• Work with Hyper Converged Infrastructure technology platforms like Nutanix, Dell VXRail, Dell VRTX, Dell Flex OS to create the strategy/direction for enterprise infrastructure
• Troubleshoot performance issues related to virtualized workloads
• Facilitate moving of workloads to/from on-prem cloud to off-prem cloud
• Participate in calls with other members to address and troubleshoot application and or infrastructure related issues
• A bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business-Related Discipline is preferred
• Minimum of 15 years of Operating Systems and or Hypervisor administration, architecture experience required
• VMWare experience is a must
• Linux OS experience is a must
• Window OS experience is a must
• Capacity planning, performance optimization experience is a must
• Experience with supporting mission critical infrastructure operations is a must
• Storage management experience is a must.
• Strong understanding of Networking concept
• Experience with Installation, Racking & Stacking of Hardware is a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.