Financials Capability Data Architect
- TX-242, The Woodlands, TX, USA
Position: Financials Capability Data Architect
Location: Woodland ,TX
Duration: 12 Months (Extendable to long term)
The Financials Capability Data Architect should be an expert in data analysis, design, deploying and management of the capability’s data architecture as well as be an advisor, leader, educator and mentor to other capability team members and data professionals on these items. The Financials Capability Data Architect will be responsible in defining how the capability’s structured, semi-structured and unstructured data will be stored, consumed, integrated/shared and reported by different IT application systems & end users. They will define and align data architecture & principles to the overarching enterprise architecture.
The Financials Capability Data Architect will work towards building and / or providing knowledge in support of the overall financial data lifecycle defined by business strategy, data governance needs and aligned with IT’s vision. Some examples of these activities / deliverables are:
• a business capability data model
• a central dictionary of standard common business vocabulary
• define strategy/ approach & principles for data management (including master/reference data and identification of key data domains)
• data integration
• a data architecture that enables a business to successfully leverage its data to deliver value
• data security/access and data archiving & retention
• data management & data technology trends and solutions
The Data Architect is also expected to be well versed in creating/maintaining/reverse engineering data models that enable the understanding and documentation of data standards, metadata and entity & domain relationships and the flow of data across business applications. To support the implementation of an intended business capability architecture, the capability data architect must develop conceptual models, system data flows and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
To achieve these goals the data architect will be required to analyze current state data architecture and conceive desired future state data architecture and identify projects needed to close the gap between the states.
Primary Job Functions:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of the financial capability data and data structures using conceptual, logical, and physical data models
• Define, document, & manage how key financial data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed across the capability and enterprise by different business applications, IT systems, and Users through data flow diagrams and CRUD analysis
• Create and maintain current- and target-state financials capability data architectures - identifying key gaps between the two architectural states and developing a roadmap to address the gaps
• Apply architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of financials capability data.
• Define and manage standards, guidelines, principles, and processes around financials capability data architecture, data governance, data management, etc.
• Ensure technology solutions/major project implementation plans are in alignment with data architecture principles and the overall Enterprise Architecture
• Provide architectural leadership, guidance, consulting, mentoring, education and support to other architects, data professionals and projects
• Maintain close collaboration with Business, Application, and Technology Architects in the Financials Capability team.
• Provide mentoring and guidance on data architecture to the Solution and System Architects in the Financials Capability team.
• Collaborate as part of delivery teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
• Partner and participate with business leads/data governance organizations to support business data goals and needs
• Work with the IT data support organization to understand and use data tools & technologies that are deployed across the corporation
Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong understanding of database technologies (NoSQL, Relational, etc.), Data Governance/MDM/RDM/Metadata Management, large data structures (Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Data Hubs, etc.) technologies
• Strong understanding of conceptual and logical data modeling.
• Basic understanding of analytics and AI architecture, solutions and trends
• Intermediate knowledge of the TOGAF Framework, SAFE agile practices, and DAMA DMBoK v.2 is a plus
• Intermediate knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures is required
• Intermediate knowledge of Information Security awareness is a plus
• Good knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools
• Organizationally savvy, able to influence without authority, & highly collaborative
Education / Experience:
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering (computer, mechanical, chemical), system analysis or a related STEM field.
• Experience driving data architectural transformation in a large multinational company.
• Work experience in finance or accounting, or support of these capabilities, is a plus
• Work experience in oil and gas industry / petrochemicals and knowledge of related key data types is preferred
• Experience designing and implementing business or IT strategies
• Practical experience with SAP systems (including HANA), Cloudera/Hortonworks Hadoop, data integration methods and cloud deployments (including the management of data in the cloud)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.