Market Data Analyst
- 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Employees can work remotely
With a focus on management, monetization, and governance, DataCatalyst converts information into actionable growth plans. From data sourcing and enrichment to analytics and stewardship, our team crafts customized solutions you need to thrive in today’s data-driven environment.
We specialize in Data Strategy and MDM/PIM implementations using proprietary software accelerators that reduce risk and maximize business outcomes. We focus on financial services, healthcare, manufacturing/distribution, and retail spaces. Setting us apart is deep knowledge in both the tech and business sectors -- with an average of 15 years of experience, our associates offer expert, pragmatic strategies to fuel success. Learn more at datacatalyst.com.
Location: Remote / WFH on East Coast of United States
Contract and Full-Time Roles Available
We are seeking a talented and experienced Market Data Analyst to become an integral part of our team! DataCatalyst is a mid-sized global consulting firm that specializes in Data Management, Monetization, and Governance. We are looking for full-time employees or contractors who are business and technology savvy and interested in joining an exceptional team of innovators who successfully deliver value for our clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic profiling of incoming data to confirm that the data is as expected based on the definition of the data
- Act as a subject matter expert to support data analysts in data mapping activities
- Suggest data quality rules based on knowledge of industry standards. (e.g., understanding the information embedded in a CUSIP 6 and using it to craft data quality checks)
- Supporting data definition and metadata capture of inbound data feeds
- Collaborate with client IT stakeholders to execute complex data and mapping analyses
- Use mapping and statistical software (e.g. GIS, Python, Tableau) to clean, manage, and analyze data
- Participates in analysis, design, and potentially ETL development as part of Agile / Scrum Development Team
- Comprehensive knowledge of Market Data services; including on non-traditional unique data providers
- Awareness of compliance and governance issues pertaining to the usage of Market Data
- Strong MS Excel skills, and experience using SQL
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the hedge fund industry and capital markets (equities, fixed income, derivatives, etc.) would be an asset
- Experience in working closely with Senior stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of data management experience
- Market Data industry experience with proven track record in Market Data and Business Management is preferred
- Relevant work experience in consultancy, market research or financial services is preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to work with and profile large data sets
- Experience working within waterfall and agile project management frameworks
- Understanding of master data management and data governance practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.