- 309 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund (DMSF) is Chicago’s largest high school scholarship organization serving high potential students from limited resourced communities. DMSF provides financial and programmatic support to scholars to attend and excel at top tier high schools in the Chicago area and at boarding schools around the country.
Eager to make an impact in your community? Want to affect great change for future
generations? Join the Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund team as Development Coordinator to support fundraising, data processing, and stewardship while gaining organizational and research skills. You will be an integral team member who helps raise $4.7M annually to benefit scholarships and programming for deserving high school students in Chicago.
DMSF is Chicago’s largest high school scholarship organization serving high potential students from under resourced communities. DMSF provides financial and programmatic support to Scholars to attend and excel at top tier high schools in the Chicago area and at boarding schools around the country.
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Development team whose primary responsibility is to manage the donor relationship management system. The Development Coordinator oversees the management of gift processing and managing constituent data. This role is the gatekeeper in assuring the database is thoroughly accurate which allows the organization to make data driven decisions and maintain meaningful donor stewardship. The Development Coordinator is expected to work collaboratively with the other members of the
Development team and also serve as a liaison to the Education department, especially in collaboration with volunteer management. This position reports to the Manager of Annual Giving.
Specifics of the Job
The central area of responsibility for the Development Coordinator is to maintain DMSF’s Donor Relationship Management System and serve as support on all fundraising events all while ensuring data integrity.
Donor Relationship Management System
- Process, record, deposit and reconcile all charitable contributions in Raiser’s Edge including checks, credit cards, stock and wire transfers as well as recurring gifts
- Execute weekly revenue updates to the team and leadership as well as lead month-end reconciliation process and work with bookkeeper
- Track and manage pledge payments by sending reminders, accurately applying payments to pledges, reconciling with the bookkeeper, and generating pledge status reports as needed
- Document and refine data entry processes database audits and necessary cleanup projects as assigned
- Within the Raiser’s Edge database, accurately manage contact information for donors, event registrants, and prospects
- Work closely with front-line fundraisers on moves management activity to include generate giving reports, assist with portfolio tracking and activity and work with prospect research software on designated prospects and donors that help relationship managers track their portfolio activity to prepare for their next moves within the moves management system
- Create actions for relationship manager (frontline fundraisers/grants manager) to maintain donor engagement based on gift and moves management documentation
- Execute the gift acknowledgement process, specifically focused on separate gift receipts and meaningful donor stewardship
- Manage online registrations for all fundraising events by processing ticket purchases and linking gifts and registrants to existing constituent profiles or creating new ones
- Manage current and prospective volunteer information including contact and business information, board solicitor, interests, and relationships to other constituents
- Track all volunteer activities with donors, board members, committee members, mentors, readers, interviewers and event participants
- Maintain lists for all communication of volunteer opportunities, recruitment and cultivation events throughout the year
Support of Fundraising Events
- Serve as key support on all DMSF events (fundraising and education)
- Within the Raiser’s Edge database, manage contact information for donors, event registrants, and prospects
- Generate reports that support relationship managers track their portfolio activity and transitions within the moves management system
- Assist on all aspects of the pre-event planning, sponsorship fulfillment, on-site event execution and event follow up
- Ensure all invoicing of event pledged donations are administered using pledges in Raiser’s Edge for tracking and collections using invoice bundling where necessary
- Ensure all gifts are processed from third-party software (i.e. GiveSmart, Trust Event Solutions) into Raisers Edge
DMSF seeks candidates who bring strong analytical and communications skills, are self-motivated, innovative and flexible, and have the ability to identify opportunities proactively to help increase revenue. Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
Professional experiences and the skill set of top candidates will include:
- A high degree of initiative, confidence and energy to achieve and exceed goals
- Resilient attentiveness to data hygiene, attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, meet deadlines and deliver accurate work
- A passion for the mission of DMSF and for the population of students that DMSF serves
- A mastery of database management (Blackbaud), prospect and solicitor management solutions, and gift processing management
- Being a strategic thinker and inspiring communicator
- Strong written and communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-4 years of related nonprofit experience with knowledge of fundraising database management and digital platforms
DMSF is an organization that prioritizes workplace culture, collaboration, timely and thorough communication and effective project management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.