Director of Admissions
- 309 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund (DMSF) is Chicago’s largest high school scholarship organization serving high potential students from limited resourced communities. DMSF provides financial and programmatic support to scholars to attend and excel at top tier high schools in the Chicago area and at boarding schools around the country.
The job of the DMSF Director of Admissions is to work with the Chief Education Officer and the other members of the Education Department team to accomplish the educational directives of DMSF with a specific focus on the recruitment, interviewing, selection and orientation for each new DMSF class. The Education Department is responsible for:
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting DMSF Scholars
- The relationship between DMSF and its partnership high schools
- Tracking the academic progress of Scholars and providing the Scholars with the support they need, such as tutoring, college counseling and other programming, to ensure their success
Education Team Lead for Recruitment
The Education Department is responsible for the dissemination of information regarding DMSF to feeder schools and organizations. The Director of Admissions will be the main contact for recruitment, strategy, development and implementation.
- Lead recruitment strategy and execute recruitment plan for DMSF
- Develop relationships with DMSF feeder schools and community organizations
- Coordinate DMSF Partnership Breakfast for Elementary School and High School Partners
- Manage spring recruitment cycle of 7th graders and fall recruitment cycle of 8th graders
- Monitor DMSF applications, answer admissions-related inquiries from prospective families, and assist in troubleshooting technical errors
- Create and disseminate recruitment materials across various media outlets as well as to grade schools and organizations
- Execute DMSF’s High School Fair
Manage DMSF’s Interview Season
- Coordinate volunteer readers of applications, and coordinate and oversee Reading Week
- Assist the Chief Education Officer in selecting candidates from the applicant pool to be interviewed
- Oversee DMSF’s Interview Schedule
- Act as direct liaison to DMSF volunteer interviewers in conjunction with Development Team
- Schedule all DMSF volunteer interviewers, hosts, and translators
- Coordinating the DMSF Interviewer Thank You Luncheon
- Provide advice to candidates who are interviewed on which high schools might be appropriate
- Assist with school placements for newly-awarded DMSF scholars
- Manage boarding school candidates and the boarding school interview process, including managing SSAT test prep and testing
New Scholar Onboarding
- Develop and execute programming to onboard new boarding and day school Scholars and families including:
- Ensure Scholars matriculate at DMSF partnership schools
In addition to the description above, the Director of Admissions is responsible for:
- Representing the Education team in cross departmental and external meetings, where applicable
- Representing DMSF at school and organization events
- The Director of Admissions reports to the Chief Education Officer and indirectly to the Executive Director.
DMSF seeks candidates who bring strong leadership and passion, balanced by detail orientation and the willingness to work as part a team. Candidates must be self-motivated, innovative and flexible, and able to effortlessly switch from planning and execution efforts to face-to-face meetings with Scholars and parents. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of high school options in the Chicago area. Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
Professional experiences and the skill set of top candidates will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Work experience in the field of education and/or an advanced degree in education or a field which is relevant to DMSF’s work (such as an MEd or MSW) is a plus.
- A passion for the mission of DMSF and for the population of students that DMSF serves
- A high degree of initiative, confidence and energy to achieve and exceed goals
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills, as well as strong technology skills
- Spanish proficiency is preferred
DMSF is an organization that prioritizes workplace culture, collaboration, timely and thorough communication and effective project management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.