Manager of Individual Giving & Special Events
- 309 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
The mission of the Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund is to give high school scholarship assistance and educational support to Chicago students from under-resourced neighborhoods. DMSF seeks to make a life-altering difference in the lives of its Scholars by providing them with the best opportunity to succeed in high school and college.
The Manager of Individual Giving & Special Events oversees and builds relationships with individual donors and event attendees/sponsors to sustain and grow DMSF’s base of supporters.
This position manages the planning and execution of an annual individual giving program and the management of DMSF special events throughout the year to engage donors and increase DMSF’s fundraising success. The position will manage a small portfolio of annual prospects, contribute to the building of a pipeline of new donors and oversee three annual fundraising events which includes a spring leadership luncheon, summer golf outing and fall event with the broad support of the development team.
This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations & Stewardship (Director of DRS).
Position Responsibility Individual Giving
- In partnership with the Director of DRS, contribute to the development and execution of a fundraising plan for annual giving.
- Develop and manage all fundraising appeals (print and digital) to meet annual fundraising goals. Appeals, messaging and social media execution will be in coordination with the marketing and communications lead and manager of fundraising operations.
- Develop and maintain a robust moves management strategy with 500+ individual donors.
- Plan for appropriate stewardship of donors segments (alumni, recurring donors, new donors, and lapsed donors) to help tailor fundraising appeals and follow up engagement.
- Work with Chief Advancement Officer and Executive Director in growing the major gift pipeline and identify planned giving prospects.
- Serve as the development staff lead coordinating the spring leadership luncheon, summer golf classic and fall fundraising event.
- Cultivate and solicit sponsors for special events and employee engagement volunteer opportunities.
- Oversee all special event activities including logistics, cultivation, fundraising and stewardship with the support of the development team.
- In collaboration with the DMSF marketing and communications lead, coordinate all event collateral, messaging and creative elements with each event.
DMSF seeks candidates who bring strong donor relations and event management skills.
Candidates must be self-motivated, innovative and flexible with the ability to identify
opportunities proactively to help increase revenue. Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. Knowledge of Chicago’s philanthropic community is a plus.
Professional experiences and the skill set of top candidates will include:
- B.A. or equivalent level of education and experience
- 5-7 years of annual giving and event management experience in social service,
- education or cultural institution is preferred
- Experience with front-line fundraising and managing a portfolio of prospects
- A passion for the mission of DMSF and for the population of students that DMSF serves
- Significant experience with database management (Blackbaud preferred), including prospect and solicitor management solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail a necessity
- Commitment to exercising discretion in handling highly confidential information
- Strong organizational and project management skills as well as demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and effectiveness
DMSF is an organization that prioritizes workplace culture, collaboration, timely and thorough communication and effective project management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.