Senior DevSecOps and Cloud Engineer
Damstra Technology is an Australian-based provider of integrated workforce management solutions to multiple industry segments across the globe. We develop, sell and implement integrated hardware and software-as-a-service (Saas) solutions in industries where safety and compliance are of utmost importance. We are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations as protecting lives is the ethos that runs true in everything that we do.
With a presence across Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, UK and US, we have grown exponentially over the last year after listing on the ASX fifteen months ago. We are entering a new phase with great energy and excitement and see this as a year of continued evolution and transformation.
Welcome to join us as we are going through a period of significant and exciting change which presents huge opportunities ahead!
The Senior DevSecOps & Cloud Engineer is responsible for writing, maintaining, and supporting Damstra Technology cloud-based systems (AWS
& Azure). The engineer will use best practice methodologies for managing a complex and diverse technological landscape. The engineer will support the application development teams by ensuring high levels of automation across build pipelines, automatic deployment processes, advanced security systems, patching, and many other processes required to uphold industry best practices within an ISO 27001 compliant environment.
- Ability to manage cloud systems across AWS and Azure - VMs, Databases, Caching, Storage
- Proficiency with scripting - BASH, PHP or other languages
- Experience with host management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, etc
- Experience with infrastructure as code (AWS CDK/Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc)
- Ability to develop automatic processes and pipelines within Bitbucket Pipelines, AWS Pipelines, Azure DevOps, etc
- Analytical mindset
- Attention to detail
- Technical excellence across technology
- Ability to work autonomously
- Maintain Damstra infrastructure - Incident management, Monitoring, Change Management
- Supporting the application development team - Releases, new infrastructure, build pipeline management
- Automating processes
- Patching and maintenance
- Security Management - Uphold iSO 27001 compliance and Policy enforcement
- Incident management
- Cost reduction
Responsibilities for Quality and Information Security
- Produce secure application code in-line with industry best practices and defense-in-depth methodology
- Comply with all Damstra Technology policies applied at the time
- Design and manage technology solutions that which ensure compliance with all legislative obligations regarding 3rd party data security
- /privacy requirements
Experience: >2 years of programming experience as a DevOps/Cloud engineer
Previous experience as a programmer
Education: BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is
desirable but not required
Industry certifications desirable
Specialised Knowledge and Skills
- Bitbucket Pipelines
- Orchestration - Ansible, Puppet, etc
- Release management
- Change Management
- ITIL Processes
- ISO 27001 and SOC2 knowledge
- Programming languages (Phython, PHP, .NET, etc)
- Webservers & Proxies - Apache, Nginx, IIS
- Log aggregation and APOM tools - New Relic, etc
Personal Attributes Problem-solving aptitude
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to information security
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable and Resilient
What we offer:
We are a diverse, inclusive, collaborative, and transparent organization and live and breathe our core values. Damstra Technology is an organisation that is proud of its great people. We believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent and offer many diverse opportunities for career advancement.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, agile, positive and friendly team, and we offer career development and competitive salary and perks.
- All Damstra employees are enrolled to HMO upon hire
- Flexible working arrangement
- Probationary employees can use their leave credits
- Additional 1 leave credit per year after 1st year, additional 1 leave credit after 2nd year (Capped at 25 SIL)
- Full access to LinkedIn Learning. Wellness Program which includes a refund for up to PHP 2,500 for gym membership or other exercise-related costs
- Reward and recognition program (including monetary rewards for quarterly and annual winners)
- Social activities on Monthly get together, anniversary and birthday celebration.
Damstra Technology is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.