- London, London, United Kingdom
Would you like to join one of the largest providers of communications and IT solutions across the UK as a Network Consultant? Your key objectives will include a first step into the exciting world of designing and delivering network and security solutions to one of Daisy’s Largest customers.
Since being founded in 2001, Daisy delivers solutions and services serving more 2,000 UK businesses across all sectors – with a portfolio spanning Modern Workplace, Connectivity, Unified Communications, Cloud, Cyber Security and Operational Resilience.
About the role…
This role is an entry level role into the Network and Security Delivery Team. The successful candidate will join a team of highly skilled and experienced network consultants and will be mentored by them to gain knowledge of all areas of networking technology.
- Acquire and maintain superior knowledge and skills within recognized skills disciplines.
- Keep abreast of changes and issues affecting their areas of specialty / expertise and disseminate information to other teams within Daisy
- Add expertise and commitment to new service take on
- Adhere to all Change/Incident/Project Management processes
- Adhere to all job administration processes
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Following defined ITIL Policies and Processes and ISO 270001 Quality procedures
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
Join us on our journey as we focus on Technology, Sustainability and People. Let’s make a positive difference, together.
What do we need from you?
· Working Knowledge/Expertise of configuring and troubleshooting Extreme Local Area Networks (essential)
· Working Knowledge/Expertise of configuring and troubleshooting end user Cisco Enterprise Wireless networks– (essential)
· Knowledge/Expertise of configuring and troubleshooting network management platforms associated with enterprise Wifi solutions such as Cisco Prime – (desirable)
· Knowledge/Expertise of configuring and troubleshooting network authentication platforms associated with enterprise Wi-Fi solutions such as Cisco ISE– (desirable)
· Knowledge/Expertise of undertaking Wifi site surveys using tools such as Ekahau – (desirable)
· Knowledge/Expertise of Network Monitoring technologies such as SNMP and packet analysis – (desirable)
· Knowledge/Expertise of configuring and troubleshooting Extreme Fabric Switching and Routing – (desirable)
· High level knowledge of compute / hypervisor platforms such as VMWare, MS Hyper-V, Storage Replication etc – (desirable)
· High Level knowledge of DNS and Public IP addresses – (desirable)
· Excellent Problem Determination and Problem Solving Skills
· Excellent documentation skills.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
· Strongly focused on customer business needs
· Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
· Self Motivated / Autonomous worker
· Team Player
· Effectively liaises with team members and other departments
· Positive attitude & nature
· Quality aware
· Analytical approach
· Valid driving license.
Did we mention the perks?
We show our appreciation by providing various benefits and rewards to our employees that help make Daisy a great place to work and provide a great work life balance.
These include but are not limited to:
- Holiday – Starting at 25 (increasing to up to 30 days for each year you stay with us) + a holiday purchase scheme!
- Daisy University and Apprenticeships – Giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge whilst you work for us.
- Hybrid and remote working – To ensure work WORKS for you.
- Enhanced family friendly policies – We are here to look after you and your nearest and dearest.
- Health & Wellbeing offering – Including discounted membership for health plans + Eye Care Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and an in-house Wellbeing team.
- The Exchange – Online discount platform for more than 1,200 retailers.
And many more – to see all the benefits on offer visit our Why work for Daisy page!
Ready to join us?
If you feel Daisy is the right workplace for you, we would like to hear from you!
Once you have applied online and have been shortlisted, our recruitment team will be in touch with you to arrange an interview and answer any questions you may have. This could be a face-to-face or a remote interview. The application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.