- Nationwide - with travel to offices when required, Nationwide, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Role : DevOps Engineer
Location: Field / UK Nationwide
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-driven and highly motivated DevsOps Engineer to join our DevOps team.
We're looking for a UK based professional, who is a highly motivated software developer with lots of experience building web applications, who has a passion for Python, particularly experience with Django framework plus the ability to develop and integrating API workstreams across the automation stack.
The DevOps Engineer is a key role within the DevOps architecture team working to contribute and further develop Daisy’s automation stack, particularly focused on enabling continuous delivery of the Daisy platforms under development.
This role requires working closely with Key business stake holders, architecture and support teams to help innovate and design solutions across multiple platforms delivering best-of-breed CI/CD solutions, using a variety of open source, enterprise and hybrid cloud technologies. The successful applicant will have a passion for making things better though automation, delivering operational efficiency, cost savings and driving knowledge into the existing Operational and Delivery teams.
· Promote and grow DevOps use by bridging Development and Operations.
· Lead and reinforce DevOps methodologies, including Continuous improvement, fast feedback, Infrastructure as Code.
· Build and deploy a continuous integration pipeline using toolsets such as Ansible, Saltstack, Git, Docker, Puppet, and Chef.
· Must have expert understanding and hands on experience with the following scripting languages Shell, Python, Perl, Java Script, Django, PowerShell, Flask.
· Improve Configuration Management processes so systems can be restored from versioned configuration in an automated way.
· Deliver system and environment automation for on premise and Azure deployments using, Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform, Puppet & Chef.
· Implement Continuous Integration principles where possible, making recommendations on tooling and configuration requirements.
· Develop documentation including reporting, diagrams, design, build and test documentation.
· Champion best practices and standards for building scalable, reliable services.
· Conduct workshops for project teams on how to leverage automation techniques in Daisy’s Cloud Platforms.
· Research and introduce emerging technologies and tooling.
· Provide mentoring and coaching to team members.
· Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
· To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Excellent communication skills in all fields
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience of Python
· Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience of Architecture methodologies and design principles
- Excellent knowledge of Virtualisation, specifically VMware Infrastructure Suite
· Exposure to any of the cloud platforms (Azure,AWS and GCP)
- Thrives on researching, implementing new and cutting edge automation technologies.
· Participate in evolving our build, deployment, and release management practices towards a continuous integration/continuous deployment model
· Have the ability to thrive under pressure, time deadlines, and ambiguity in a fast-paced open work environment.
- Self-motivated & enjoys working in a busy environment
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products