Business Continuity Consultant
- Home based, UK, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Job Title: Business Continuity Consultant
Role: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Home based
The role of Operational Resilience & Business Continuity (ORBC) Consultant has become available in Daisy’s BCM Assurance consultancy practice. The successful candidate would work primarily on the delivery of client facing BC projects, and may be required to contribute to product and service development or other non-billable consultancy team activities.
Delivery work is project based. i.e. Projects will have already been sold to clients with a specific number of days, activities (e.g. workshops and meetings), deliverables (e.g. BIA’s, plans and reports) and agreed timescales for completion. The ORBC Consultant will be expected to deliver project activities and deliverables within agreed timescales and number of days, to the satisfaction of the client. The ORBC consultants project work will be managed by the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant. The ORBC consultant will be expected to work by themselves and/or as part of a consultancy team, depending on the requirements of the project. Typically, several projects will be worked on concurrently during any given month.
The ORBC consultant will also be expected to recognise further project opportunities when delivering client work, and to report these to the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant. However, the key focus will be delivery of the current project to a high level of quality. The role requires regular travel to Daisy locations and client sites as part of effective project delivery.
· Deliver Business Continuity (BC) project activities and documents for clients. At all times the BC Consultant will be expected to provide client advice with a high level of competency and confidence
· Typical activities include: Workshops, meetings, reviews, BIA requirements analysis, WAR Exercise, Scenario Exercise and Crisis Exercise preparation work, plan and report writing
· Typical deliverable documents include: exercise test plans & reports (Scenario, Crisis & WAR), BIA, BIA Summary Reports, Incident Management, Business Continuity and Crisis Management plans, BC Awareness materials, Current State Assessment Reports
· Deliver work on time and in budget (i.e. within agreed number of days), where possible, explaining to the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant when this cannot be achieved
· Travel to any Daisy site or customer location in the UK, to be able to support and deliver BCM Assurance team work (typically, travel will be a project requirement but may be due to other reasons such as internal meetings)
· Work unassisted and with the minimum of management where possible
· Maintain a focus on the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction
· Represent Daisy to the best of your knowledge and ability
· Maintain current operational resilience and continuity industry knowledge (to a high level)
· Keep up to date on changes to current and new operational and BC regulations and standards
· Excellent understanding of the Business Continuity standard ISO22301 and the BCI Good Practice Guidelines 2018 (i.e. is able to discuss the documents in detail and can advise clients what is required to meet these standards)
· Establish, develop and maintain positive and professional stakeholder relationships
· Be a motivated, enthusiastic, conscientious self-starter who has a passion for Business Continuity and enjoys a challenge
· Relishes working in a team of highly motivated and highly skilled individuals
· Excellent communicator who is comfortable meeting with and expressing themselves to client staff, line management and executive team members
· Excellent written skills (Word and Excel), in particular planning and report writing skills.
· Excellent presentation skills (writing and delivering PowerPoint presentations)
· Excellent meeting facilitation skills
· Ability to work and manage multiple client engagements concurrently to tight delivery deadlines
· Comfortable with travel requirements that may result in many “away days” each month.
· Desire to develop personal Business Continuity knowledge and skills further
· Commitment to excellence, and desire to help promote and develop BCM Assurance at Daisy
· A member of the Business Continuity Institute, holding an MBCI grade or higher
· A high level understanding of business continuity planning tools and software, notification tools and recovery strategies for technology and premises.
Highly Desirable Attributes and Skills
· More than three years’ experience working in a Business Continuity focused role
· Up to three years’ experience in a consultative role
· Experience working on an operational resilience programme
· Experience delivering crisis management exercises to executive teams
· “Hands on” experience of WAR rehearsals / tests
· Currently in a role that involves direct customer contact
· Experience of working in a project environment
· Understanding of the principles of IT Service Continuity Management and the integration with Business Continuity
· ISO22301 Lead Auditor certified
· Excellent understanding of ISO31000 Risk Management
· Financial Services Industry Experience
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available
- Access to ‘The Exchange’ where you will have access to discounts and savings at more than 1000 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme