- Customer Site, Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
As part of it's Services Portfolio, Daisy provides on-site, Third Line Support to specific customers. The role of the Infrastructure Engineer is to manager resolver calls. This entails the professional resolution of incidents (faults), responding to complex Service Requests that relate to the core infrastructure or undertaking scheduled pro-active infrastructure management/project management tasks.
As an on premise representative of the IT Service Function, effective communication with Daisy on our customer's IT colleagues and the customer's IT users is vital in maintaining high customer service perception.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to, and accept, any reasonable request from The Group IT Infrastructure Manager that is within the skillset of the engineer.
- Updating of ITSMS records relating to calls (incident or service request)
- Call handling of escalated requests for service / Effective communication
- Handling calls that require infrastructure skills above that of the Service Desk 1st Line and 2nd Line Analysts.
- Providing technical diagnosis and resolution of any incident placed into the infrastructure queue.
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written) with the user in call handling and in updates to the ITSMS
- Establishing priorities with the user when a request for service is placed in line with the defined priority statements
- Validating any Service Request raised via the Service Desk or other triaged from another resolver
- Managing the customer's perceptions to ensure that they are accurate
- Ensure that a professional, courteous and proactive service is delivered to ‘the client’
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012/2016 in both on-premise and hosted in Azure is desirable
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Knowledge of Mimecast Administration
- Knowledge of backup technologies including Veritas Netbackup / Microsoft Azure Backup
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus - Trend (cloud, server and endpoint)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop and associated Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products