IP Voice Support Engineer
- Princess Way, Prudhoe NE42, UK
Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
To provide technical support for customers and installation engineers with technical issues on Hosted VoIP, dealing with ADSL, Ethernet, FTTC, Switches, Routers etc. The role will also require the ability to fault find on customer networks and assist in other areas of VoIP communications.
- Provisioning new site install on our Hosted VoIP solution.
- Technical support for installation engineers, customers and resellers.
- Technical validation feedback to project teams on new installations.
- Liaising with customers, therefore requiring excellent customer communication skills.
- To be able to liaise with internal support desks and our NOC (Network Operations Centre) to provide solutions to rectify problematic faults.
- Resolving customer problems, both directly from customers and through technical escalation.
- Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with the customer, via email, via remote access of onsite.
- Develop a good working relationship with internal office staff and field-based engineers.
- Assist other technical staff and engineers involved in projects and to work with management in the assignment of technical tasks where required.
- Provide full customer training on the installed product.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of completed allocated work.
- Work closely with the administration team to ensure accurate recording of all engineering activities.
- Work closely with other engineers to continually pursue self-development through in-house training and to also assist in the development and training of other engineers.
- Be committed to working as part of an effective team within the configuration department.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review DWS – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Good knowledge of IT networking (full training on our telephony platform will be provided)
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- To have exceptional analytical and negotiating skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team with limited guidance
- Experience of existing IP telephony products is preferable (Broadsoft, Asterix, Mitel etc.)
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer :
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme