Business Development Manager - Field based (South)
- 166 Handford Rd, Ipswich IP1 2BH, UK
Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
The Business Development Manager is required to proactively manage, predominantly via face to face to face appointments but not exclusively, a geographical territory of business partners consisting of existing, dormant and prospect partners. The overall objective of the role is to increase sales volume across a portfolio of products, maintain or increase partner satisfaction and be an ambassador for Digital Wholesale Solutions.
- The sales responsibility of the BDM is the growth and development of O2, EE, Vodafone.
- Carry out regular face to face visits with partners to ensure that Digital Wholesale Solutions maintains a strong presence with the partners business by achieving at least 8 partner appointments per week
- Provide a weekly report of the challenges and successes of the territory and ensure that the pipeline is kept up to date and that accurate sales forecasts are provided on a weekly basis.
- Increase run rate business from existing partners, convert dormant partners into active partners and fully qualify and grow new prospects.
- Be fully responsible for the satisfaction of partners by dealing with queries in a timely manner and engaging with the relevant departments to give constructive feedback and permanent resolution ideas to remove the area of dissatisfaction for the future.
- Ensure achievable expectations are set at all times.
- Devise and implement ongoing growth and retention strategies through effective and documented trusted advisor engagement with the dealer principle of key partners.
- Work within the documented sales and marketing guidelines to ensure best practice at all times.
- Achieve set targets (including connectivity, revenue, churn & product penetration), KPI’s and objectives.
- Schedule and action all tasks to completion within specified timescales whilst ensuring all systems are kept fully updated for each action and point of customer contact.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity within the channel, to identify different products/services/commercials relevant to DWS and our partners. Obtaining feedback from partners in relation to any losses that occur to ensure DWS are up to date of emerging channel trends.
- To maintain data integrity in the sales process and to ensure that our partners are aware of and work to our required high level of standards (ethical, compliance and quality standards).
- Maintain a professional appearance, telephone manner and attitude at all times.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review company Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Previous B2B field sales experience essential.
- Previous partner / indirect channel sales experience desirable.
- Telecoms sales experience desirable.
- Gravitas, presence and strong interpersonal skills to build strong and lasting relationships at all levels, quickly gaining respect and credibility.
- Excellent communications skills; verbal and written.
- Enthusiastic and a curious learner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer/partner relations skills.
- Managing own workload through planning and prioritisation is essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong team worker.
- Computer literate.
Working Location/Environment: Field based
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrollment following probation into a salary pension scheme