Principle Network Engineer
- UK Wide - Field Based, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
An exciting opportunity for a Principle Network Engineer to join an innovative advanced IT Managed Service organisation to work on next generation technology.
You will be responsible for building a new function focused on Cisco ACI - designing, implementing, developing & automating solutions. You will be involved in both operational & project related engagements linked to Data Centre Infrastructure & Migration into Public/Private clouds from legacy multi-tenant platforms.
We welcome applicants who come from a traditional networking background, who have spent time successfully deploying, managing & automating Software Defined Networks ideally within a Managed Service organisation. The successful applicant will have a passion for making things better though automation, delivering operational efficiency, cost savings and driving knowledge into the existing Operational and Delivery teams.
- The candidate must have experience designing, implementing and automating Cisco ACI within a network centric deployment
- Strong automation skills, typically using Ansible, Chef & Puppet etc.
- Hands on Shell, Perl or Python scripting experience
- Strong routing and switching skills with the ability to design complex technical networking solutions.
- Subject Matter Expert on how to create different application policies within the ACI including:
- Application Network Profile (ANP)
- End Point Group (EPG)
- Subjects and Filters
- Subject Matter Expert on the Fabric Access Policy including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains
- Subject Matter Expert on Fabric Discovery Activity including Verifying the APIC and LEAF Health
- Subject Matter Expert configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products:
- Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k Switches
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
- Expert understanding of external L2 / L3 fabric connectivity and experience in L2 / L3 switching Architecture design
- Must have an advanced understanding in BGP, OSPF, VDC, vPC, VXLAN, EVPN and ECMP
- Must have a solid undertsnding of Cisco UCS, and how this technology fits within a multi-tenancy hosted environment
- Must have a solid undertsnding of VMWare 6.x, and how this technology fits within a multi-tenancy hosted environment
- CCIE qualified would be an advantage but must at least be able to demonstrate CCIE level of expertise in security, routing and switching.
- Must have excellent documentation skills along with Visio network design drawing skills.
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products