- UK Wide - Field Based, UK, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
The DevOps Engineer is a key role within the DevOps architecture team working to contribute and further develop VMware, Linux, Windows, database and general infrastructure administration, particularly focused on enabling continuous delivery of Daisy platforms under development.
This role requires working closely with Key business stake holders, architecture and support teams to help innovate and design solutions across multiple platforms delivering best-of-breed CI/CD solutions, using a variety of open source, enterprise and hybrid cloud technologies. The successful applicant will have a passion for making things better though automation, delivering operational efficiency, cost savings and driving knowledge into the existing Operational and Delivery teams.
- Promote and grow DevOps use by bridging Development and Operations.
- Lead and reinforce DevOps methodologies, including Continuous improvement, fast feedback, Infrastructure as Code.
- Build and deploy a continuous integration pipeline using toolsets such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Deliver system and environment automation for on premise and Azure deployments using, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Improve Configuration Management processes so systems can be restored from versioned configuration in an automated way.
- Champion best practices and standards for building scalable, reliable services.
- Conduct workshops for project teams on how to leverage automation trchneques in Daisy’s Cloud Platforms
- Implement Continuous Integration principles where possible, making recommendations on tooling and configuration.
- Develop documentation including reporting, diagrams, design, build and test documentation
- Research and introduce emerging technologies and tooling.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Excellent communication skills in all fields
- Must have extensive and demonstrative working experience within Platform technologies
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- UNIX, RHEL and Ubuntu, with strong scripting experience
- Experience of Architecture methodologies and design principles
- Excellent knowledge of Virtualisation, specifically VMware Infrastructure Suite
- Exposure to any of the cloud platforms (AWS , Azure and GCP)
- Thrives on researching, implementing new and cutting edge automation technologies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Participate in evolving our build, deployment, and release management practices towards a continuous integration/continuous deployment model
- Have the ability to thrive under pressure, time deadlines, and ambiguity in a fast-paced open work environment.
- Customer focused – pleased to provide good service
- Self-motivated & enjoys working in a busy environment
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products