Cloud Platform Engineer
- UK Wide - Home/Field Based, UK, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
To operate as part of Platform Architecture technical team, designing and implementing services on a multi tenanted platform for Daisy’s customers. You will be working closely with the Engineering and Operations teams to provide a highly available private cloud platform based on Cisco UCS hardware and VMware, delivering customer solutions using automation products.
You will participate in day-to-day engineering operations such as project engagement, new build’s, customer solutions and general lifecycle management. There will also be a requirement to assist daisy’s pre-sales and delivery teams with new product/ service evaluations.
The successful applicant will have a passion for making things better though automation, delivering operational efficiency, cost savings and driving knowledge into the existing Operational and Delivery teams.
- High and Low level design, configuration and test management of the Data Centre multi-tenant cloud platforms.
- Capacity Management definition and reporting for cloud platforms
- Research design best practice to fit the business and customer needs
- Defining and leading technology evaluations against product and architecture road maps
- Working with customer engagement teams on sales proposals, providing input for technology High Level Designs
- Develop documentation including reporting, diagrams, design, build and test documentation
- Implementing and developing process, policies and recommendations to delivery and operational support teams.
- Provide 4th line support: analysis and provision of solutions to serious problems
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors as a collaborative design team and support escalations.
- Training and mentoring to others when required
- Knowledge of ITIL practices and ISO27001
- Excellent communication skills in all fields
- Must have extensive and demonstrative working experience within Platform technologies
- Excellent knowledge and experience of backup and storage systems including switching fabric;
- Enterprise storage solutions
- Understanding back-up solutions
- Enterprise and Mid-tier disk and fibre channel networking o Server application and infrastructure platforms
- Excellent knowledge of EMC SAN technology (IBM SVC dvantageous)
- General knowledge of Data Networking/FCoE
- Excellent knowledge of Virtualisation, specifically VMware Infrastructure Suite
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and other Blade Centre Technologies
- Self-motivated & enjoys working in a busy environment
- Thrives on researching, implementing new and cutting edge technologies.
- Enjoys working in a team
- Customer focused – pleased to provide good service
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products