- London/Birstall/Prudhoe, UK, United Kingdom
This role is to provide Compute technical skills within the cloud and compute delivery practice for both internal and customer project delivery for all Daisy business units.
You will have demonstrable experience of delivery and support for Compute solutions. You will be able to provide support and response to escalated complex 3rd line technical issues within your areas of expertise along with effectively managing business and customer expectations.
- Validation of solution high level designs - querying missing or incomplete information.
- Provide estimates of effort for design and implementation work.
- Producing simple solution low level designs across single and multiple technologies.
- Confirming that the low level design supports the high level design.
- Production of build, integration and test plans for project delivery.
- Perform solution implementation tasks from the low level design.
- Test the solution components and overall technology build.
- Provide build, integrate and test status updates to interested parties.
- Create relevant and quality documentation to allow for handover to support.
- Coordinating of other technical consultants where multiple technologies are to be deployed.
- Operate as a technology lead.
- Provide flexibility with support and implementation
- Acquire and maintain superior knowledge and skills within recognised skills disciplines.
- Keep abreast of changes and issues in their areas of specialty / expertise and disseminate information to other teams within Daisy
- Add expertise and commitment to new service take on
- Adhere to all Change/Incident/Project Management processes
- Adhere to all job administration processes
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Escalation point from 3rd line support for complex technical issues
- Following defined ITIL Policies and Processes and ISO 270001 Quality procedures
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a 24x7 high-availability production environment
- Extensive experience operating System Administration in a complex data center environment.
- Knowledge/Expertise of Microsoft Operating Systems - MCSA, MCSE or MCTS etc.
- Knowledge/Expertise of other Microsoft products such as Exchange and Sharepoint
- Knowledge/Expertise of public cloud solutions, particulalrly MS Azure.
- Knowledge/Expertise with database technologies such as SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V, and cloud IaaS
- Knowledge/Expertise in deploying Application Servers in a multi-tier architecture, including private & public cloud
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools
- Knowledge/Expertise of Citrix solutions
- Experience of high availability solutions including clustering technologies and Disaster Recovery setups.
- Knowledge/Expertise of Cisco UCS blade technologies (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of HP/IBM Server hardware (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with CI/DI technology terraforms, ansibile, DSC, chef, and puppet
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell, Azure Arm, Json, Perl, Python and PHP etc
- Good understanding of PKI. Hardware Security Module (HSM) management experience a plus
- Knowledge/Expertise of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge/Expertise with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
- Knowledge/Expertise with intrusion detection systems along with network and server security hardening
- Excellent problem determination and problem solving skills
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Strongly focused on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Self Motivated / Autonomous worker and also able to work effectively in collabvorative teams.
- Positive attitude & nature
- Quality aware
- Analytical approach
- Ability to time manage, prioritise and escalate when required.
- Take ownership to drive resolution.
- Collaboration with colleagues and wider technical teams.
- Be customer facing and able to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels.
- Understanding of solution requirements and how they shape solution design.
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products