Desk Based Service Manager
- Prudhoe, Nelson or Birstall, Prudhoe, Nelson or Birstall, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
A respected, customer facing position with the responsibility for managing a large number of customers within the Desk-Based Service Management within Daisy Corporate Services. This is a desk-based role with mostly remote customer engagement, but with occasional travel when required.
An internally and externally facing role accountable for the effective management of assigned DCS Customers, whose primary focus is to build customer advocacy whilst ensuring that we deliver to contractual commitment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of customer expectations throughout the service life-cycle, being responsive, communicative and innovative in our engagements with customers and working closely with internal stakeholders across Daisy to deliver a positive customer experience.
- Establishment of key external and internal stakeholder relationships with Service Management to act as a point of escalation and/or drive strategic goals and opportunities for your respective customer
- Adherence to established governance structure as defined for the desk based service Management function - including KPI’s and measures against efficiency, quality and cost.
- Adherence to governance structure with which to drive customer satisfaction, advocacy, retention and growth whilst focused on eliminating service and financial challenges
- Full understanding of allocated customers contract and obligations, identifying any gaps and risks and mitigating where required.
- Basic understanding of the P&L for each allocated customer
- Manage regular, structured and value adding service review meetings with allocated customers ensuring the appropriate preparation, data presentation and analysis, and action tracking
- Management of the allocated customers, including preparing and delivering Service Management Reports, driving Continual Service Improvement Plans and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide an escalation point to both external and internal stakeholders related to incident, problem and change within the allocated customer services
- Provide input required in support of business reporting to inform internal stakeholders about specific aspects of the allocated customers
- Manage delivery of Service Management improvements including delivering industry best practice, processes and engagement models with the allocated customer base
- Work closely with allocated Account Managers to maximise strategic opportunities
- Provide an escalation point for allocated customer related complaints in relation to any aspect of the service, working closely with the other key stakeholders with respect to this, ensuing that these are followed up appropriately and closed off in a timely manner
- Provision and management of Service Management related business reporting and forecasting for your respective customers, for use within and outside of the function
- Adhere to strategic objectives for Service Management improvements including automation, Industry best practices, processes and engagement models for your respective customers and wider Service Management function.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of DCS products and service offerings, current and future; ensuring attendance and ownership of individual development where required to support the business
- Ensure adherence to agreed Service Management value-add proposition for internal communication and external use in sales proposals
- Support the requirement for compliance to partner and external accreditations, e.g. ISO27001 and 20000.
- Good communication and basic negotiation skills with awareness and basic ability for influencing internal and customer stakeholders
- Good ability to manage relationships with customers with which to drive successful outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with confidence and the ability to communicate at all levels including some exposure to executive engagement.
- ITIL understanding specific to Service Management
- Good knowledge of telecommunication and managed IT services
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player, positive, determined and driven with a can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to drive and facilitate change
- Motivated and disciplined self-starter
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and demonstrated cross-functional collaboration skills
- Basic experience of presenting skills with use of PowerPoint and other presenting media with a view to develop these skills further
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate the coordination and resolution of customer issues in a remote capacity and occasionally face to face engagement where required
- Good understanding and knowledge of Powerpoint and Excel
- ITIL V3 accreditation or working towards accreditation
- Customer focused approach
- Relevant industry experience in the Managed Service Provider and Network & Telecommunications sectors
- Experience of Managing multi product services within Service Provider environment
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products