Field Sales Manager (R2998)
- Lindred Rd, Brierfield, Nelson, UK
Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
We have been operating in the international voice market since inception and have become one of the leading providers of global voice, mobile and contact centre solutions. Our valuable vendor partnerships enable us to provide services to the wholesale market serving major global PTOs as well as the reseller community, with solutions available in 160 countries.
Responsible for the management, planning, sales achievement, growth & development of the team of field based Business Development Managers. To grow the business in order to continually meet or exceed sales expectations/targets of new business and base retention through effective new business development, team and partner daily management. Ensuring performance and team / partner satisfaction is at its highest.
- Target & KPI achievement (Churn, OOC etc.)
- Constantly identify, implement and develop new business opportunities and connecting partner base growth as well as implementing the growth of new products & services offered to generate additional sales / profit opportunities.
- Ongoing review & where necessary renewal of processes for most effective sales growth.
- Maintain and cultivate an accurate, national B2B “Hot Prospect” database.
- Maintain an accurate list of ‘at risk’ customers to ensure BDM activity to support the save.
- Ensure Key Account satisfaction levels are at the highest achievable.
- The strategic planning of the team and associated areas.
- Recruit, training, coaching and development of line management responsibilities.
- Work closely with the internal sales manager to ensure a collaborative, proactive sales approach by all sales teams.
- Assisted visits with all BDM’s to assess performance and knowledge, creating plans to address any gaps identified.
- Fully understand the sales proposition for all networks.
- Maintain relationships and regular contact with all network Account Managers.
- Staff/Partner compliance with acceptable quality levels within the business.
- Troubleshoot and solve any day-to-day network/partner issues.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure the needs of our teams and partners are being met with the information, events and communications provided.
- Build & maintain an accurate competitor information database.
- To develop a deep, respectful relationship with all department managers to adopt a collaborative culture (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, IT).
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Sales management experience.
- History of product or service innovation/implementation.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage other members of the team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both customers, colleagues and staff.
- Superior organisation skills.
- Previous Telecoms B2B field sales experience and new business generation.
- Previous partner / indirect channel sales experience.
- C Suite engagement experience.
- Gravitas, presence and strong interpersonal skills to build strong and lasting relationships at all levels, quickly gaining respect and credibility.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; verbal and written.
- Enthusiastic and a curious learner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer/partner relationship skills.
- Managing own workload through planning and prioritisation is essential.
- Valid driving licence.
Home based, national role.
Will include travel and overnight stays as required.
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrollment following probation into a salary pension scheme