Field Service Engineer
- Ouchthorpe Ln, Wakefield WF1, UK
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
As part of it's Service Portfolio, Daisy Corporate Services, provides on-site, desk side support. The role of the Desk Side Support Engineer is to provide support in regards to the desk side service based on customer locations, working closely with the dedicated Customer Services Manager, Service Desk and Engineering Manager.
- Managing perceptions to ensure that they are accurate in the user community i.e. where service perceptions are inaccurate, the Service Desk Supervisor will be informed.
- Ensure that any errors or inaccuracies are noted within documented process or work instructions related to the service are raised with the Service Desk Supervisor, updated and re-issued using the appropriate version and release control.
- Create Knowledge Management articles as scenarios arise.
- Ensure that a professional, courteous and proactive service is delivered to the client at all times.
- Ensure that all communications activity (verbal and written) is delivered to a continual high standard and that all the appropriate Company policies for document release are adhered to.
- Ensure that all information is kept secure and not disclosed inappropriately.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of Quality Assurance are used.
- Accept additional responsibilities as specifically requested by the Service Desk Supervisor or Line Manager.
- Respond to incidents and service requests by working closely with the Service Desk and other support functions.
- Whilst any call is under your supervision, you must ensure that the user who instigated the request for service is kept fully informed.
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience establishing priorities with the user when a request for service in placed.
- Experience validating Service Requests via a Service Desk.
- Ability to appropriately deal with escalations when required.
- Considered professional and objective at all times.
- Previous experience working within a Service Desk environment is desirable.
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products