IT Support Engineer
- Lindred Rd, Nelson, Brierfield, Nelson, UK
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
The IT Support Engineer will be expected to respond to Service Desk tickets raised by employees, investigate and close cases. They will liaise with all teams across the division to ensure effective ticket resolution, take an active interest in continuous service improvement and increase the service offering towards our users.
- Troubleshoot customer's technology issues remotely via internal software over the phone and desk side assistance.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Support the business in a range of bespoke application.
- Log and respond to Service Requests using Company Service Desk Software.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected as well as asset tracking
- Assist with Incident Management process.
- Build and deploy workstations to customers.
- Escalate complex calls effectively to the relevant IT teams after relevant investigation steps have been completed.
- Logging cases and managing the asset management system.
- Creating user logons and modifying user permissions using Active Directory.
- Building and repairing desktop and laptop hardware
- Diagnosing and resolving desktop issues (i.e. MS Office, Outlook, Daisy applications, printing, Internet Explorer, shared files and folders).
- Installing desk telephones.
- Configuring mobile devices and resolving issues.
- Excellent communicator and customer service skills
- Capable problem solver.
- Windows desktop operating systems and applications.
- PC hardware setup and maintenance
- Experience of Windows Server Operating systems
- MS Exchange
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Proven ability to work on their own initiative
- Previous IT support experience
- Apple OS
- MCP qualifications
- VM Ware/Hyper-V
- Experience using SCCM
- ITIL v3 qualifications
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products