Senior Technical Consultant
- Home/ Field Based, UK Wide, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
Right now, Daisy Corporate Services is embarking on the next stage of its ambitious growth journey - and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our finance team.
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant
Role: Permanent, Full Time
Location: London (Blackfriars)
The Network & Security Delivery Team provides highly skilled and accredited technical resources nationwide for project and maintenance services. The departmental goal is to ensure our client's networks operate as efficiently and reliably as possible within the constraints of our contractual obligations.
We are looking to hire a network Senior Technical Consultant, predominantly working in the South of the country and covering client solutions both on-site and in Daisy data centres.
- To design and implement complex solutions, utilising industry-recognised and vendor best practices of the highest standard.
- To ensure that implementation and support issues are appropriately escalated to product manufacturers and that those problems are progressed in a timely manner
- To maintain appropriate product certifications and an appropriate skill level and awareness of new products and product releases.
- Provision of 3rd line / 4th line escalation point support during office hours to diagnose and rectify client network problems.
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and where applicable, within Service Level Agreement timescales.
- To ensure that appropriate escalation processes are adhered to and that the Daisy management and customers are fully updated on the status of ongoing problems and escalations.
- To act as technical account specialist for a group of named customer accounts
- To provide technical knowledge transfer to Network Operations Centre and support staff in order to ensure smooth transition from projects into service.
- Provide periodic technical assistance to Pre-Sales.
The Technical Consultant:
- Must have excellent telephone manner and be able to explain complex technical diagnosis over the telephone.
- Acts as a source of technical expertise to others.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling complex problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Will be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas.
- Have experience of designing and implementing technical solutions using Juniper hardware and Juniper architecture concepts.
- Strong Knowledge of at least two of the following: MPLS, Enterprise Data Centre Networking, internet, broadband, network function virtualization (NFV), Wi-Fi and network security.
- Show demonstrable experience of designing network and security solutions and delivering those designs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Adaptable, used to working to tight time scales, motivated to manage own time, works well on own and with a team.
- Have excellent written and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, ability to multitask on complex and large projects
- Have excellent written and presentation skills
- Have obtained SC clearance or be eligible to apply for SC clearance.
- Have obtained DV clearance or be eligible to apply for SC clearance
As a minimum, the candidate should hold or be willing to obtain the following vendor certifications:
- Juniper JNCIA-Junos
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT
- Juniper JNCIP-ENT
- Juniper JNCIS-SEC
- Juniper JNCIP-SEC
It would be advantageous if the candidate possessed the following vendor certifications:
- Palo Alto CNSE
- Aruba ACMP/ACMX
- Extreme Networks ECS (or equivalent experience). Campus EXOS Switching & Routing, ECS Management Centre, Campus Fabric Switching & Routing, Access Wireless or Access Wireless-WiNG
- CiscoCCNP Routing and Switching (or equivalent experience)
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products