Customer Design Authority - Connectivity
- Field, UK Wide, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
As part of a Customer Solution Delivery function, this role is responsible for the technical, customer solution lifecycle management of Daisy’s key managed service accounts. This role is aligned to the Connect and Protect technologies in the Daisy Go to Market approach, although a good understanding of other product areas are essential.
You will be responsible delivering technical road mapping and operational performance with a number of accounts through the customer’s contract term.
This role requires a good understanding of current and emerging technologies and digital trends, the expert knowledge of multiple technology domains, and the ability to translate requirements/strategy into technical design recommendations. You will have the opportunity to work with, and bring your expertise to, multiple technologies, such as: infrastructure including PaaS and networking, telephony, unified communications, Office365, digital workplace, mobile device management, content management, enterprise service bus, and others.
Working closely with Service Management, Pre-Sales, and Project and Operational teams providing design input and guidance to ensure the technical solution delivers and performs against customer requirements. In addition, feeding into the Group Product team knowledge and information around customer requirements and experiences for product innovation, development and trading.
- Understand how the end to end technical solution delivers customer value.
- Provide Customer Design Authority input to Solutions Architecture for prospective projects a part of customer solution roadmaps.
- Be a "subject matter expert" / contract technical support.
- Review and approve of technical documents.
- Meet weekly with customer's senior technical leads.
- Support Pre-Sales with input including quotes for the solution delivery team.
- Work with Technical Support to understand the customer's issues and assist as an escalation point of contact.
- Compile internal and external reports and documentation.
- Identify growth opportunities for all accounts and/or assist Account Managers with their expansion efforts inside of accounts.
- Identify possible issues inside of your account and react in a proactive manner.
- Ensure our solution remains relevant to the customer throughout their lifecycle.
- Review End of Support/Sale matters and make recommendations to account team and end customers.
- Review capacity reports and make recommendations to account team and end customer.
- Provide detailed knowledge of the technical and operational processes used to deploy, support and maintain a large estate.
- Awareness of the financial impact of strategic/operational decisions and the ability to identify opportunity for cost reductions.
- Assume process owner role for particular relevant processes as directed from time to time.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline or have equivalent experience
- Experience in a Technical Design role servicing enterprise IT accounts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with great listening skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technology / Unified Communications, and the ability to effectively articulate infrastructure and monitoring strategies.
- Proven ability to independently engage, present and communication at the C-Level
- Proven ability to work their way up the employee value chain to reach key decision makers.
- Willingness to travel.
- A solid understanding of managed services along with broad skills in the following areas: High/Low Level Designs, cost capture, stakeholder management, Wintel, UNIX, Unified Communications, storage & backups, networking, virtualization, security and desktop.
- Experience of Enterprise Architecture methodologies and design principles
- ITIL certification or demonstrable understanding
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products