Apprentice Telecoms Engineer
- Cardiff & Vale - Customer Site, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Daisy Corporate Services is the UK's leading independent provider of secure IT, cloud and communications.
This role is for a Telecoms Engineer Apprentice specialising in Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) Solutions. This role is perfect for a college or sixth form leaver who is interested in taking their first step into Telecoms Engineering and wants to specialise in one of the most innovative and rapidly developing areas of the sector. This position offers the prospect of exciting career progression through the company into a variety of role across the UC&C and Operations Sector.
- Using a range of remote and physical tools and equipment to install basic communication hardware and software.
- Dealing with routine service requests from internal and external sources including fault rectification across a range of technologies.
- Performing solution implementation tasks from the low level design
- Diagnosing and resolving software, hardware and usage issues.
- Deploying and building hardware and installing and configuring software.
- Working alongside your line manager to assist with ongoing projects within the team.
- Being willing to acquire and maintain a superior knowledge of UC&C solutions and keep on top of any changes or issues.
- Being willing and determined to complete the apprenticeship course to a high standard.
- Strong communication skills to be able to liaise with colleagues at all levels, customers and teleco hardware/software vendors.
- To be self-motivated and be able to manage your own time, prioritise tasks and escalate work when necessary.
- Thrive on researching and implementing new and cutting edge technologies.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an inquisitive mind.
- Be customer focused, pride yourself in delivering an excellent service.
- Educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent)
You’ve heard what Daisy wants from you, but what can Daisy offer you?
- Daisy wants to recruit an industry leading workforce, therefore we pay our employees a wage that recognises their skills and commitment to the Company. As a result, on average, our apprentices earn double the National Apprenticeship Wage.
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities. Alongside earning industry recognised qualifications, you’ll get to work alongside experts in their field and benefit from our internal training programme, “Daisy University”.
- Up to 35 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Staff appreciation days
- The opportunity for exciting career progression through your desired field.