Network Support Engineer (T3-EN)
- Birstall/ Horsham, Leeds/ Brighton, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
Right now, Daisy Corporate Services is embarking on the next stage of its ambitious growth journey - and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
Job Title: Network Support Engineer
Role: Permanent, Full Time
Be part of the technical team responsible for delivering vendor independent but as Cisco Gold Partner Standard 2nd line support for Daisy core and Daisy customer infrastructure.
Provide technical escalation point for all network related issues including complex & major incidents.
Offer technical leadership, define & document best practice.
Provide informal assistance and training to T2, RMC and TOC engineers where appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a multi-vendor best in class environment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, support and documentation of end-to-end wireless & wire networking and security solutions.
- Escalate to Tier 3 to meet SLA.
- Building and maintaining a close technical relationship with clients.
- Maintaining and developing a high level of product and technical knowledge.
- Capturing and documenting client business and technical requirements.
- Documenting solution designs.
- Communicating the scope of the overall solution.
- Providing technical input to account plans.
- Attending clients meetings and conference calls as required.
- Assisting in presenting solutions.
- Participate in Change Management process, peer reviewing changes as required.
You will be an experienced Tier 2 Level Engineer able to competently undertake operational duties on Multiple Wireless Vendor Equipment as part of a highly technical team.
You will have experience with Cisco TAC at a Cisco Gold partner level and be aware of the processes and standard of diagnostics this requires.
- Extensive hands on implementation and troubleshooting of complex WiFi networking solutions.
- Cisco security skills.
- Excellent WiFi skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of troubleshooting
- ITIL Foundation is advantageous
- Experience of installation of WiFi systems
- Security Clearance (SC Level) or the ability to be Security Cleared.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional and extensive Maintainer Level experience.
- Meraki, Ubiquiti, Aruba and CiscoWiFi
- Cisco Prime
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products