IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Horsham/ Northampton/ Birstall/ Aston, Horsham/ Northampton/ Birstall/ Aston, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
Right now, Daisy Corporate Services is embarking on the next stage of its ambitious growth journey - and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Role: Permanent, Full Time
The role of an Infrastructure Engineer is to provide technical support of a complex and high octane IT environment and to improve reliability, availability, security and performance across all aspect of the IT landscape.
A strong and broad ranging technical background is essential as this is a hands-on role with the requirement to implement and maintain technical solutions throughout the Daisy Corporate Services IT Infrastructure. The role requires the ability to deliver on both operational and project tasks, against deadlines and working to industry best practice.
Your Responsibilities -
- Maintain the entire Internal Windows server infrastructure, hardware, storage and services provided by the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Enhancing and standardising the environment, resolving BAU problems, finding issues and proposing improvements.
- Communicating, planning and executing deployments across a geographically diverse team.
- Support and optimise infrastructure both physical and virtual
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories and storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approached for system administration tasks.
- Support the effective documentation of server procedures regarding design and implementation of hardware, software and systems
- Actively perform system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience -
- Extensive experience within an Infrastructure team.
- Strong experience with System Centre Configuration Manager.
- General System Administration skills (operating systems, hardware, virtualisation).
- Anti-Virus / Security (McAfee preferable).
- Advanced working knowledge of Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/GPO etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and logic approach to problems
- Exceptional communication skills
- MCSE/MSCA or other professional IT qualification
- Citrix NetScaler, XenApp, XenDesktop
- Server / Exchange 2016
- O365/ Azure implementation / administration / trouble shooting
- System Centre Suite (DPM/VMM/SCOM/Orchestrator)
- Cisco / Networking knowledge
- Powershell scripting
- SAN Storage Solutions (NetApp, Eqalogic)
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products