- Horsham/ Northampton/ Birstall/ Aston, Leeds/ Northampton/ West Sussex/ Birmingham, United Kingdom
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
The Technical Services Department provides highly skilled and accredited technical resources nationwide for project and maintenance services. The departmental goal is to ensure our clients’ networks operate as efficiently and reliably as possible within the constraints of our contractual obligations. Renowned for being technical experts in our field, we are looking to hire an additional Technical Consultant to add to our highly skilled Network & Security Delivery Team.
- To implement complex solutions, utilising industry-recognised and vendor best practices of the highest standard.
- To ensure that implementation and support issues are appropriately escalated to product manufacturers and that those problems are progressed in a timely manner.
- To maintain appropriate product certifications and an appropriate skill level and awareness of new products and product releases.
- Provision of 3rd line support during office hours to diagnose and rectify client network problems
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd line support out of hours whilst on call as part of an 8 week rota.
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within service level agreement timescales.
- To ensure that appropriate escalation processes are adhered to and that the Daisy management and customers are fully updated on the status of ongoing problems and escalations.
- To act as technical account specialist for a group of named customer accounts.
- To provide customer-facing written documentation on installed projects.
- To provide technical knowledge transfer to Network Operations Centre staff in order to ensure smooth transition from projects into service.
- Provide periodic technical assistance to Pre-Sales.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- If you are a Manager of staff, you must ensure:
- your team are aware of their security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet;
- the principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
The Technical Consultant will have experience of multiple vendor equipment and technologies with at least five years’ experience providing consultancy and 3rd line support on Juniper Networks, Extreme Networks, Palo Alto and Aruba Networks products.
The Technical Consultant:
- Must have excellent telephone manner and be able to explain complex technical diagnosis over the telephone.
- Acts as a source of technical expertise to others.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling complex problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Will be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas.
- Have excellent written and presentation skills.
As a minimum, the candidate should hold the following vendor certifications:
- Juniper JNCIA-Junos
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT
- Juniper JNCIS-SEC
It would be advantageous if the candidate possessed the following vendor certifications:
- Palo Alto CNSE
- Aruba ACMP/ACMX
- Extreme Networks ENS (or equivalent experience)
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching (or equivalent experience)
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products