Balancing Specialist (Dairy Producer Payroll)
- 3801 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034, USA
Dairy.com (www.dairy.com) is the leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions provider to the dairy industry. Our suite of sourcing, trading, transaction facilitation, data processing and data analytics solutions are trusted to power certain mission-critical activities. Today our solutions and services help clients solve real and complex supply chain problems.
Dairy.com is positioned to be the world’s preeminent provider of dairy intelligence and technology, helping our customers feed a growing world. That’s what we strive for every day. We’re a critical lynchpin in the global food supply chain…and our customers remind us of it quite often.
It takes a great culture and amazing talent to meet such lofty goals. We invest in our people and promote a diverse, inclusive, and engaging culture. Titles don't really matter here. We like to say that we are all part of a “great team doing great things.” We look for employees who are engaged and passionate about our products and our customers' success.
This, we believe, creates a dynamic work environment where we all actually get along, help one another, and feel good about the work we do. When talented people come together who share similar values – amazing things happen.
Summary: In this unique role, we will rely on your attention to detail, problem solving abilities, and exceptional customer communication skills as you work directly with raw milk manifest data (critical data produced by the industry that serves as the primary means of quantifying raw milk deliveries into manufacturing and processing operations and is the basis for valuing payments to the dairy farmers producing the raw milk) to ensure accurate balancing of data within the proprietary Dairy.com system.
Specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring that the data set is free of errors, work with customers to resolve and preserve data integrity issues, and produce balanced data on a daily, weekly, and semi-monthly basis.
- Manage data associated with importing and entering weight manifests utilizing the proprietary Dairy.com operating systems.
- Import, enter, and communicate data changes as identified and save corresponding back-up information regarding the changes.
- Perform due diligence to ensure data entry and processing functions were accurately completed. Pull reports within Dairy.com system to assist with this process.
- Review problem queues daily and problem solve to resolve manifest data issues.
- Communicate with customers when resolving manifest errors to ensure accurate information is provided from customer (and shared with appropriate team members) and description of resolution is documented.
- Audit producer weights weekly and during mid-month and month-end processes.
- Accountability for all scheduled loads for customer assigned. Utilize reports to identify loads missing manifests. Communicate with customer on rejected or dumped loads to ensure all data is captured correctly within the system. Calculate/prorate load data based on rejected amounts.
- Perform daily balancing activities for assigned client. Includes utilizing excel spreadsheet to compare plant receipts with data entry into Dairy.com system. Communicate with customer regarding any differences found and further problem solve to ensure balancing of data.
- Perform mid-month and month-end balancing utilizing plant cooperating and producer weights.
- Entering alphabetic, numeric or symbolic data from source documents into database
- Validation and verification of entry data against controls and corroborating information
- Maintaining records for audit
Applicants must possess a polished, professional demeanor coupled with excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally. Accuracy and attention to details are essential to success; in addition, all applicants must demonstrate the following:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with balancing functions as a core part of your work experience (either financial or other similar data balancing functions)
- Intermediate Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to pass a background check
If this job sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply by uploading a copy of your resume!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.