Logistics Analyst and Load Planner
- 3801 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034, USA
Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, Dairy.com (www.dairy.com) is the leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions provider to the dairy industry. Our suite of sourcing, trading, transaction facilitation, data processing and data analytics solutions are trusted to power certain mission-critical activities of diverse participants within the US dairy industry. Collectively, our customers represent a majority of annual U.S. dairy retail sales and are comprised of thousands of users across thousands of locations from nearly 400 unique entities.
Dairy.com has a remarkable success story. We not only survived the dot-com and technology bust of the early 2000s, but during that time we grew our business to become profitable and wholly self-sufficient. Today our solutions are solving real and complex supply chain problems in the dairy industry. Many multi-billion dollar companies rely on Dairy.com to manage some of their most critical supply chain networks.
Life balance and personal growth are not just clichés at Dairy.com, but rather, our Leadership is active in developing and promoting a culture to deliver this to our employees. In addition, our values are clearly published in our office and are a key part of how we run our business and how we treat one another. Included among these are: excellence, innovation, respectfulness, integrity, loyalty, commitment, diligence, leadership, determination and responsibility. In short, we value our employees, and in turn, we expect a commitment of excellence from all of our employees at all levels. We believe that our unique business environment and culture has fostered a high degree of loyalty among our employees. In fact, close to 20% of our current employees have been employed with Dairy.com for over 10 years.
Summary: If you thrive in a "challenge-of-the-day" type of role, this job is for you. The Logistics Analyst & Load Planner role has two main areas of responsibility: 1) working with customers to schedule freight and dispatch haulers, and 2) analyze and reconcile hauler invoices/payments/and other data. You will use your problem solving skills to efficiently plan and route freight movements, manage pickup and delivery schedules, and all the while providing the highest level of customer service to clients. Your analytical skills will be put to the test as you analyze and reconcile hauler invoices and payments. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to be precise and detailed oriented in a fast paced environment.
- Handle plant-to-plant and farm-to-plant load movements and scheduling activities in a scheduling software platform
- Determine daily shipping needs and day-to-day execution of deliveries
- Direct the dispatching of haulers in an economical manner and confirm load date/time and delivery date/time
- Monitor loads for pick-up and delivery
- Maximize load weights and volume by coordinating orders
- Work closely and effectively with plants and warehouses on loading and shipping schedules and requirements
Invoice Analysis & Document Management
- Review, track, and maintain customer proof of delivery and Bills of Lading files
- Match proof of deliveries and approval of carrier invoices.
- Validate all charges for invoice reconciliation and processing
- Review all freight bills for accuracy and completeness, makes necessary changes and corrections to ensure accuracy of all freight costs
- Audit record keeping and tracking procedures
- Maintain multiple files and databases
- Establish templates and processes
Customer Service and Support
- Interact and effectively communicate with Hauling Manager, haulers, shipping and receiving plants, procurement, division managers and accounting team
- Handle inquiries/concerns regarding route deliveries and hauler payments, and provide customer service to haulers
- Maintain good working relationships with appropriate carrier personnel to ensure the desired level of transportation services will be provided to the plants and customers
- Assist addressing dispatch concerns regarding hauler performance
- Provide support to Hauler Manager
- Monday through Friday 8 to 5pm. On-call support after hours, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Accounting/Finance, or related field with a focus on project management, logistics, data/financial analysis, or transportation preferred.
- At least one year experience with conducting analysis or managing projects/schedules. One year experience in logistics or transportation planning/scheduling preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly to a variety of audiences and ability to build relationships with haulers and communicate billing/invoicing/and payment information to them effectively.
- Skilled at being "quick on your feet" to solve problems and dig in to information to find answers.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaniously and prioritize based on scope and level of difficulty.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and intermediate ability in all other Microsoft Office Products.
If this job sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply by uploading a copy of your resume!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.