Engineering Manager - DevOps (D/F/M)
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Engineering Management
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Monde, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking a Engineering Manager DevOps to join its DevOps Team.
Your main tasks and responsabilities will include :
- Managing the Devops team in charge of the Production Platform (geodistributed, hybrid onprem/gcp platform )
- Taking the ownership, proposing technical and architectural evolutions aligned with the business goals (resiliency / security / performance / scalability, maintainability )
- Defining standards and enforcing their application around the deployment, monitoring and run of production workloads
- Ensuring the maintenance, the evolutions and exploitability of the tools and software components provided to the other teams ( example : TiDB, Memcached cluster, Portworx )
- Engaging with the other teams ( INFRA / DATA / BACKEND / PRODUCT / ADTECH ) to ensure consistency in delivery of cross-teams projects and day to day activities
- Being accountable for the incident management process for the Devops team (planning / process / scope )
- Managing the team of Devops Engineers, talent management, performance management, planning and priorities
You must be a technical manager who can understand the technical details of a project; you have already transitioned to a lead position, preferably for a Infra/DevOps engineering team.
You have had success as an engineer running high-performance, high-availability software
You have had experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, implementing/testing, rollout/deploy best practices.
You can challenge and grow your team members: you can challenge technical designs and project milestones, encourage experimentation and uphold quality expectations.
You can build & present a strong vision/roadmap for your team.
You have at least 5 years of experience running a production platform, preferably on Kubernetes on-premise
You have spent at least two years as a senior engineering leading more junior employees
You have the ability to work with multiple parts of the business (product, ads) and multiple stakeholders (engineers, analysts, product managers…)
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
For the Paris Office
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Want to learn more about us?