Senior Data Analyst – Audience and video recommendation (F/M/D)
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Insights
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Monde, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Within Dailymotion’s Data Insights team, we are looking for someone to join full-time to help improve our B2C product strategy, by analyzing our audience and our users’ behavior, with a focus on our watching experience and content recommendation associated.
As a Data Analyst, you will be at the core of Dailymotion’s strategy to be a more data-driven company. You will be part of a cross-verticals team of other Data Analysts responsible to support the business, product and engineering teams with insights. The main team for which you will answer data analytics use cases is the User Product team, responsible for the acquisition, engagement and retention of users on our Dailymotion website and applications.
The main data analytics use cases are:
- Audience and users high level understanding:
- identify levers of audience, monitor their evolutions and their impacts on business KPIs
- build user segments and analyze their behavior (use of the product, content they watch…)
- Video recommendation:
- identify opportunities for our video recommendation engine to be more qualitative and adapted to our users’ needs
- define, conduct and analyze AB tests
- build assets (dashboards, visualization) to facilitate data-driven decisions
- 3+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- BS or MS or equivalent experience in a quantitative field
- Ability to process and analyze large data sets, and interpret them to make decisions
- Experience with user segmentation, behavioral analytics…
- Experience with SQL, Tableau and Python for data analysis strongly appreciated
- Passion for the use of data in a technical environment
- Interest for digital product strategy
- Adaptability with tools
- Proactivity and creativity with data
- Communication skills and ability to manage a project with different teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to foster relationships with peers and other functions
- Values diversity and works well in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent English (written and oral)
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
For the Paris Office
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)
Want to learn more about us?