Director of Publisher Development-Video Solutions (F/M/D)
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: Content
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Content Partnerships
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we are storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
As the Director of Publisher Development, you will be responsible for identifying, prospecting and forging new video technology partnership strategies for the US market and generating clientele with video distributors, producers, and publishers for Dailymotion’s Video Solutions products. This position will be primarily responsible for growing our direct video solutions partnerships. You will work with a cross-functional team to also successfully maintain existing partnerships with those partners using Dailymotion’s video player on their properties (websites, mobile applications) as well as many publishers and networks who utilize the Dailymotion video platform technology, ad stack and deep video content library.
- Reporting to and working with the VP of Content-Americas and a cross-functional team you will successfully:
- Develop Dailymotion’s video solutions market strategy
- Identify and develop a pipeline of prospective clients across major publishers, video producers and distributors
- Communicate the Dailymotion video solutions value proposition
- Generate new partnerships
- Manage partners
- Maintain a relentless “on the pulse”-level of understanding of the video technology and video content market’s competitive landscape through research, a robust rolodex of business contacts and digital industry event participation.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the Dailymotion video platform, products, and backend architecture in order to answer questions, create solutions, and clearly communicate unique product selling points and benefits to enhance our prospective and existing partners’ video businesses.
- Serve as the main point of contact and business strategist for major video distributors, producers, and publisher partners using Dailymotion video technologies.
- Identify growth opportunities with existing Publisher partner syndication client partners: upsell, cross-sell, expand, and execute on those opportunities.
- Effectively introduce and articulate Dailymotion’s value proposition for video player solutions with in-person meetings/presentations (post-covid19), video-conferences, phone and email.
- Own business and first technical communications with leading partner prospects, including demonstrations, answering questions, responding to RFPs and RFIs.
- Orchestrate the integration and onboarding of new video player/video solutions partners with Product/Engineering teams as needed ensuring success for client’s campaigns and aid in all troubleshooting and product recommendations for improvement.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including executives and team members in legal, sales, product, marketing, ad operations, and revenue to ensure long-term success.
- Maintain Salesforce.com database i.e. continuously log activities and intelligence, update information, add contacts, and enter new accounts from our target list
- Create account development plans for partners. Work with internal and external teams to execute plans that may include: consulting/education, marketing materials, roadshows/training, product integrations, and custom research/analytics
WHAT THE IDEAL PROFILE LOOKS LIKE..
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in sales, business development, or account management role with a leading digital company (Publishers/Ad tech companies preferred)
- Previous experience with an Online Video Platform/Video Solutions company is a plus/preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge concerning OVP solutions is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (Spanish would be a huge plus)
- Relevant experience within digital media and a strong knowledge of the advertising industry ecosystem – video, TV, mobile, programmatic.
- Ability to work in an international environment and across multiple departments (legal, IT, finance, support, ad ops…)
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point, Tableau Software, Salesforce, JIRA
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you!
If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
For the NYC Office 🇺🇸
🏥High-end Health Insurance (eligibility starting from the 1st day. 100% by Dailymotion)
🎖️ Retirement: 401k eligibility after 90 Days of employment
⛱️ Paid Time off and additional PTO
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏡 Remote Work Policy
🍼 Paternity leave or Co-parental leave extended
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🚇 Public Transport refund
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.