Front-end Engineer- Player (H/F)
- 06560 Valbonne, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Software
- Type of Contract: Permanent
Dailymotion’s mission is to connect publishers and advertisers with engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for videos that matter. Through partnerships with leading publishers and creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and others, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly page views across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world, and has recently launched a proprietary ad platform to gain better control of its monetization value chain and deliver a premium advertising experience.
Dailymotion is a global champion of diversity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer that provides an environment of mutual respect.
Dailymotion is looking for a Front-end engineer to develop, enhance and maintain the video player, the company's flagship product. As a member of the Player Engineering team you'll have the opportunity to collaborate in a caring, agile, highly technical environment. You'll learn new skills from an experienced team and deliver features to 300 million users per month. Our front-end stack relies on Preact, Redux, and also Vanilla JS; however, an extensive background with Preact, Redux or another JS framework is not a requirement. We're more looking for someone with a first professional experience with JS willing to learn more about large scale Web applications, browser performance constraints, and how to build a finely crafted beautiful product.
Your responsibilities will be to :
- Participate in the team effort to develop new features, fix bugs and deliver a state-of- the-art user experience to a variety of browsers and devices (mobiles, tablets, desktops or even connected TVs).
- Maintain existing codebase and contribute to keep it up to date with current technology and best practices (tests, coding guidelines, continuous deployment).
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to avoid shipping any regressions and maintain a good quality of the product
- Take part in a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their added value.
- Professional experience building modern web applications
- Good knowledge of development best practices including unit and functional tests,
- CI, code reviews and documentation
- Experience with one of the following: HTML5 Video, HLS streaming, (P)react or
- Redux, ES6, Webpack, Kibana
- Location: Sophia Antipolis (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
If you're interested to learn more about dailymotion you can check out:
- Info & Videos at our HQ https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team
- Global Hackathon Video https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9
- Our NYC Built-in page https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion