Software Engineer - Scalability (M/F)
- Paris, France
- Department: Product & Engineering
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Back
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
Dailymotion is seeking a confirmed Developer to join the Scale squad, based in Paris. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Engineer who will work on various innovating projects, from backend architecture to code optimisations.
Our Tribe's mission is to provide to Dailymotion's engineering teams an architecture, services, tools and guidelines to build a fast, geo-distributed and scalable Graph API. In addition, we’re also responsible of Dailymotion REST API, former and new databases, event bus and release processes.
More specifically, the squad where you will work handle these different projects:
- A new historized/versionned database, optimized for scaling
- A databus with all its tools to stream data in our worldwide points of presence
- Tools and mapping (technical and functional) to migrate old database, with a deep smart cleaning
Our mission :
- Development of scalable and performant services (Python / Golang)
- Orchestration/Industrialization (GCP/on-premise Kubernetes environment) : help to write and maintain generic tools around Kubernetes
- CI/CD Jenkins Pipelines definition
- Legacy features cleaning/migration (PHP/MySQL)
- Work closely with architects to define requirements/technical specifications, and translate them into high performance & scalable services
- Work closely with infrastructure ops to construct and improve our capacity planning
- Focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically
- Write technical documentation & evangelize through workshops and presentations, to spread knowledge about the new architecture across all technical teams in the company
- Drive the migration from the old monolithic database to our new storage system, in close cooperation with our Database administrators and software architect
- Help to provide guidelines about code/tooling
- Big focus on code quality – tests, documentation, SOLID/KISS/TDD principles
The ideal candidate will dream about fast response time, efficiently caching process, scalable architecture & performance monitoring. Within the global architecture/core skill group of Dailymotion, you will be in charge of supporting the business growth by defining appropriate systems and architectures, capable to handle Dailymotion data and processing volumes.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on software development experience, with confirmed experience working on production running applications
- Professional experience in at least one of following languages : Python, PHP
- Ability to learn quickly, be proactive and autonomous
- Experience with SOA architecture based applications
- Good knowledge about container-based tooling (docker, compose, kubernetes)
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment testing and automation tools (Jenkins etc.)
- Strong communication skills - able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Strong level of written/verbal English
Python - Golang - PHP(legacy stack only)
Mysql - ElasticSearch - Redis - Memcached
Kafka - NSQ
Jenkins - Docker - K8S - Vault – EFK (ElasticSearch/Fluentd/Kibana)