Python Engineer M/F
- Paris, France
Dailymotion is looking for a Back-End Developer to join its newly formed Partner Product Tribe.
Our Partner Product team focuses on delivering an intuitive, reliable and performant platform to its millions of partners, content creators and publishers.
With hundreds of thousands of videos uploaded every day on the platform, building best-in class tools to help partners manage their videos and lives is a key priority at dailymotion. To fulfill this ambition, you will join a dedicated agile cross-skills squad, operating as a mini-startup within dailymotion, comprised of backend and frontend engineers, UX designers, product manager and squad lead.
This is a unique opportunity to combine a fun start-up environment with the massive scale of one of the largest players in the online video industry. Join a brand new team in our Paris offices and drive innovation to attract quality content on the platform.
We're looking for someone who is curious, independent and solution-oriented to solve problems efficiently and in a scalable manner.
What you’ll do:
- Handle the evolution and improvement of the back-end using Python
- Optimize the tools and workflows used by the team based on tasks defined by skill leads in Squad
- Document and develop advanced features and products
- Collaborate closely with the squad's product managers, designer, and other software engineers
- Write and maintain back-end documentation
- Be creative and work with an innovative mindset.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- You have 3-10 years experience in a similar or related role
- You can demonstrate mastery of Python.
- Knowledge of PHP and Go is a plus
- You are comfortable with complex architecture (2000+ object classes, 300K code lines, 400 SQL tables)
- You are able to differentiate SQL and NoSQL. MongoDB knowledge is mandatory
- You can demonstrate expert knowledge of web tools (Apache, nginx, memcache, Redis, git, etc.).
- You have Linux Experience (user)
- You have experience with SCRUM methodology
- You have experience working with revision control systems like GIT
Team spirited, proactive attitude and ability to function in a global and fast evolving environment.
Fluent in English. French is a plus.
- Relevant degree BA/MSC in Software Engineering