- Sanepa Rd, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
The Why: NEPAL aspires to graduate from least developing country to a lower-middle-income country by 2030. However, the development community’s excessive focus today on socio-political empowerment has not yielded the desired economic transformation. In reaching the 2030 national target, shall we wait for institutions of power to become accountably productive or shall we bolster innovations of people to bring inclusive prosperity? And, shall we strengthen grassroots-government collaboration in shaping an equal and enterprising future?
The How: DAAYITWA ABHIYAAN strives for an enterprising Nepal where every individual has opportunities for a prosperous future. Focused on promoting economic empowerment, we aim to nurture an enterprising mindset - which is about working hard, taking risks, and being creative - in development change-agents. Driven by principles of economic justice, community engagement and financial sustainability, the Abhiyaan comprises four organizations.
Daayitwa - an NGO that promotes domestic youth employment by accelerating rural youth entrepreneurs to create jobs and supporting the government to implement evidence-based enterprise development policies
Nepal Leadership Academy - a non-profit company that develops an enterprising mindset in change-agents by growing their leadership and management capabilities.
Governance Lab - a for-profit research firm that enables the government and the private sector to make decisions by conducting evidence-based research and connecting researchers and decision-makers
Daayitwa-US - a US-based non-profit that engages and empowers Nepali diaspora in the US as change agents and strengthens local and global collaboration to promote socio-economic development in Nepal
In the last 8 years, we have accelerated 55 rural youth entrepreneurs (27 women) in 3 provinces (Province 3, 4 and 5) to embrace innovation, access investment, grow income and create employment. Leveraging the grassroots learning, we have supported 120 youth trained in 30 countries around the world to support 40 government organizations and 24 parliamentarians with entrepreneurship and employment policy research. We have conducted more than 60 leadership courses for over 700 participants to build their capacity to lead teams and architect innovative solutions. We have conducted research on various topics such as MSE growth, dignity of labor and COVID19-related financial and health issues in order to support federal and provincial governments to make evidence-based policy decisions. We have organized Nepali diaspora and friends of Nepal to financially support more than 100 NGOs to grow their social impact. At Daayitwa Abhiyaan, we are determined to continue accelerating business, policy and civic entrepreneurs to promote employment, entrepreneurship and economic growth, while shaping a campaign that nurtures an enterprising mindset in the nation.
The What: YOU, as the Multimedia Intern, will be responsible for using various multimedia tools and providing design materials for projects at Daayitwa and its clusters including Nepal Leadership Academy and Governance Lab. Working directly in the designing and development of content for promotional activities, in its planning and execution, you will play a critical role in the outreach efforts of the organization, and carry out daily engagement in building good will of the organization at large. You will support the following functions:
- Film and edit videos (documentaries, short videos for social media promotion)
- Take photographs of events and project activities at central and community level
- Design and prepare illustrations, posters and photographic work
- Assist in designing and producing banners and signage
- Work closely with the Comms team to execute social media campaigns on a variety of web-based platforms
- Maintain digital media library of multimedia materials for future use
- Support in managing websites, including maintaining the integrity of website content
- Provide support to manage and execute email communications, including regular e-newsletters, campaign messages, and fundraising e-appeals
- Participate in content creation including write-ups, stories, press releases, social media posts, etc
- Help to create and maintain electronic mailing lists targeting specific outreach groups
- Prepare briefings, talking points, and other presentation materials for outreach
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing Bachelors in Communications, Journalism, Art & Design or relevant field. Bachelors completed preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience or an equal combination of education and experience in relevant fields is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Knowledge of social media platforms, ongoing trends and SEO marketing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and follow-through
- Reliable, punctual, honest and friendly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Interest in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, being courteous, professional, patient and respectful at all times
- Willingness to learn and work hard- growth mindset is key
Compensation: Daayitwa will provide a monthly stipend to the Multimedia Intern. The rate will be mutually agreed upon, in tune with the level of the required deliverables, the qualifications, and the experience of the candidate.
Procedure: Interested candidates must submit a CV and a cover letter by June 7, 2021.
Click on I'm Interested to send us your portfolio.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be notified**
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our Facebook page or our website.