Communications and Outreach Manager
- Sanepa Rd, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
The Why: NEPAL aspires to graduate from least developing country to a lower middle-income country by 2030. However, the development community’s excessive focus today on socio-political empowerment has not yielded the desired economic transformation. In reaching the 2030 national target, shall we wait for institutions of power to become accountably productive or shall we bolster innovations of people to bring inclusive prosperity? And, shall we strengthen grassroots-government collaboration in shaping an equal and enterprising future?
The How: DAAYITWA ABHIYAAN strives for an enterprising Nepal where every individual has opportunities for a prosperous future. Focused on promoting economic empowerment, we aim to nurture an enterprising mindset - which is about working hard, taking risks, and being creative - in development change-agents. Driven by principles of economic justice, community engagement and financial sustainability, the Abhiyaan comprises four organizations.
Daayitwa - an NGO that promotes domestic youth employment by accelerating rural youth entrepreneurs to create jobs and supporting the government to implement evidence-based enterprise development policies
Nepal Leadership Academy - a non-profit company that develops an enterprising mindset in change-agents by growing their leadership and management capabilities.
Governance Lab - a for-profit research firm that enables the government and the private sector to make decisions by conducting evidence-based research and connecting researchers and decision-makers
Daayitwa-US - a US-based non-profit that engages and empowers Nepali diaspora in the US as change agents and strengthens local and global collaboration to promote socio-economic development in Nepal
In the last 8 years, we have accelerated 55 rural youth entrepreneurs (27 women) in 3 provinces (Province 3, 4 and 5) to embrace innovation, access investment, grow income and create employment. Leveraging the grassroots learning, we have supported 120 youth trained in 30 countries around the world to support 40 government organizations and 24 parliamentarians with entrepreneurship and employment policy research. We have conducted more than 60 leadership courses for over 700 participants to build their capacity to lead teams and architect innovative solutions. We have conducted research on various topics such as MSE growth, dignity of labor and COVID19-related financial and health issues in order to support federal and provincial governments to make evidence-based policy decisions. We have organized Nepali diaspora and friends of Nepal to financially support more than 100 NGOs to grow their social impact. At Daayitwa Abhiyaan, we are determined to continue accelerating business, policy and civic entrepreneurs to promote employment, entrepreneurship and economic growth, while shaping a campaign that nurtures an enterprising mindset in the nation.
The What: YOU, as the Communications and Outreach Manager (COM), will provide results-oriented, strategy-driven leadership and management of marketing, communication, and public relations activities of the Daayitwa Abhiyaan. You will strive to make Daayitwa Abhiyaan a great place to work, where we build strong teams, where people are challenged to do their best, and where everyone makes a difference. Exceptional people deserve the best work environment that we can provide. Communications and Outreach Team will work with other Abhiyaan teams to support our people to learn, grow and contribute to our shared vision of an equal and enterprising Nepal.
As an ambassador of Daayitwa Abhiyaan’s vision, values and principles, you will accelerate its impact by promoting organizational visibility, documenting institutional learning and building public relations. With supervision from the Abhiyaan Senior Management Team (SMT), you will spearhead three key functions - formulating strategy and plan, developing communications materials and strengthening strategic outreach.
1. Formulating strategy and plan
- Design and implement an integrated strategic communications strategy for advancing Daayitwa Abhiyaan’s brand identity, broadening awareness of programs and increasing visibility across key stakeholder audiences
- Manage, mentor and support Communications and Outreach Team members for coherent, collaborative and creative communications
- Collaborate with program teams to customize and implement strategies for individual initiatives
- Strengthen internal communication mechanism, including knowledge-sharing activities and project management procedures
- Create and manage processes to develop knowledge products and promote effective public outreach
- Design and implement a strategy to build partnerships with media outfits at local, national and international levels
2. Developing communications materials
Create and share stories of impact at local, national and international levels
Execute social media campaigns on a variety of web-based platforms
Strengthen branding through creative interventions, including op-eds, videos, and social media, and consistent use of naming conventions, brand attributes and logos
Write, update, edit and oversee production and design of print materials
Supervise graphics design, photography and other multimedia development and maintain digital media library of multimedia materials for future use
Manage website, including maintaining integrity of website content and structure, evaluating report on key web-metrics and utilizing Search Engine Optimization
3. Strengthening strategic outreach
Manage and execute email communications program, including regular e-newsletters, campaign messages and fundraising e-appeals
Identify, build and strengthen partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including youth groups, government, private sector, banks, NGOs, universities and development partners
Create and manage documentation and database related to external relationships
Maintain press contacts, creating press releases, fielding media inquiries and maintaining relationships.
Coordinate learning and networking sessions, including but not limited to webinars, panel discussions, and talk series
Attend public events in order to broaden relationship networks, referral sources and continually deepen existing knowledge of trends and practices.
Assist with fundraising and partnership development activities
Process volunteer applications and manage database for community outreach
Create and maintain electronic mailing lists targeting specific outreach groups
Prepare briefings, talking points and other presentation materials for outreach
YOU must be a fun, people-loving, growth-oriented, impact-minded, young dynamic team-builder with following qualifications:
- Academically compelling, with at least Masters in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences or relevant field
- Professionally striking with minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experiences in strategic communications, brand management, public relations and/or campaign coordination
- Remarkable management skills, including forte in training, coaching, and mentoring teams
- Passionately driven by a strong inner calling for economic empowerment of Nepal
- Strong sense of aesthetics and style
- Deep understanding of social issues related to economic prosperity, gender equality, youth employment and community-driven development
- Outstanding ability to work effectively under pressure and during uncertainties
- Dynamism for excelling in a young, diverse, team-oriented and changing environment
- Independence in tackling complex problems consistently applying creativity, independent judgment and detail orientation
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight with time management skills
- Excellent writer and orator in Nepali and English
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or other design software
Daayitwa will provide compensation on a monthly rate basis. The rate will be mutually agreed upon, commensurate with the level of deliverables, qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Interested candidates must submit a CV and a cover letter
Apply Before: 28 June 2021 (extended)
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our Facebook page or our website.
Click on I'm Interested to send us your portfolio.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be notified**