Research Coordinator (Nepal Leadership Academy)
- Kupondole Heights Road, Patan 44600, Nepal
NEPAL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Nepal Leadership Academy (NLA) is a signature component of Daayitwa Abhiyaan, which envisions a resilient and thriving Nepal where all citizens embrace their responsibilities to collectively transform societal challenges into innovative opportunities. Towards this vision, NLA builds leadership capacity in young change-agents—who are guided by the shared values of collaborating, innovating, and serving and the shared principles of community, justice, and sustainability—to architect effective policy, business and civic solutions that tackle the most grueling adaptive challenges in Nepal. NLA conducts research, develops curriculums and provides in-practice leadership coaching to policy, business, and social innovators in Nepal.
NLA’s genesis can be traced to the Nepal Leadership Lab at Daayitwa (learn more about Daayitwa here), which offered leadership courses that aspired to nurture competent leaders by not only invigorating their zeal to lead, but also by providing them with practical tools to sharpen their competencies.
The Research Coordinator will spend at least half of the time conducting research on NASC’s Senior Executive Development Program which involves, which involves studying the current SEDP curriculum and analyzing the outcomes. The aim of the research is to produce a ‘Course Book’ that includes the said analysis. In addition, the RC will receive general guidance from the management team about research needs, but s/he should also be a self-starter who can assess what research is needed in NLA’s work areas. The RC will also be a part of other ongoing research and programs as well as facilitate logistical support.
1. Conduct research on NLA’s working areas, including, but not limited to, behavioral change, pedagogy design, and curriculum change.
2. Design and implement monitoring and evaluation framework for NLA courses and workshops
3. Provide technical inputs and critical feedback on NLA’s overall activities
4. Implement evaluation of leadership programs, including of NASC Senior Executive Development Program, comprised of activities such as creating data gathering and analysis methodologies, conducting desk review and interviews, and studying good practices.
5. Engage with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors as well as with populations relevant to research work
6. Take on other related duties as assigned or necessary
· At least master’s degree in education, anthropology, political science, public policy, sociology, or other relevant majors
· Two years of research experience
· Strong analytical abilities, with practical application experiences in conducting quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Nepali
· Excellent writing abilities, and proven proficiency in drafting high-quality reports
· Academic coursework and practical experience in applied research methods, particularly in education and social sciences
· Ability to use MS Office software, Google applications, and statistical software. Stata or R, preferred.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
· Strong motivation, self-starter and organizational/time management skills
· Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at a time within deadlines
· Willingness to learn and work hard
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our facebook page or our website.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/daayitwa/
Website : www.daayitwa.org
Click on I'm Interested to send us your portfolio.