- Kupondole Rd, Patan 44600, Nepal
Daayitwa is a campaign for economic empowerment with the vision of an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future. It operates three clusters at grassroots, government and global levels. It supports rural growth-oriented entrepreneurs to accelerate their innovations and grow other entrepreneurs in their local communities. Leveraging the grassroots learning, it collaborates with the government to conduct policy research and advocate for economic policy reform. Finally, it transforms these interventions into a global campaign that nurtures enterprising mindset in Nepalis by bolstering leadership capacity in enterprise ecosystem stakeholders.
Position Title: Program Officer
No. of Vacancy: 1
Contract Duration: 1 year
Application Deadline: February 10, 2018
Start Date: February 18, 2018
Weekly Hours: 42 Hours (Full-time)
The Program Officer is responsible for providing critical support and leadership in planning and execution of governance and leadership programs. The person will work directly with fellows, participants, researchers, coach and coaching assistant to identify the challenges the fellows and leadership training participants face during the fellowship and leadership training, and provide necessary solutions and program-level support for meaningful and productive experience. The Officer receives supervision from the Manager, Governance and Research Cluster.
- Work together with Daayitwa program team in executing the fellowship at all stages of program implementation
- Work closely with partner Members of Parliament (MPs), public institutions, and stakeholders for the successful implementation of the fellowship program
- Prepare minutes/reports of important meetings and events as well as support program documentation
- Support impact evaluation of Daayitwa fellowship program
- Strengthen partnership with Daayitwa stakeholders, including youth, government, private companies, universities, local communities, NGOs and international development partners
- Be involved in advocacy campaigns (centrally and locally) to support the process of creating an enhanced enabling environment for entrepreneurs
- Coordinate operations of the Daayitwa’s program and events
- Carry out research where needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, Public Policy, Management or any other relevant field from a recognized university with high academic achievement
- Promising candidates with a Bachelors Degrees in relevant fields with some years of experience will also be considered
- Self-starter and team-player with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Understanding of social and political issues related to public administration and governance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and drive for results are essential
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Excellent communications and technical skills in Nepali language, legal and research skills will be an advantage
- Excellent computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- 1-3 years of work experience. Exception informal work experience, internship, volunteering may be considered in lieu of formal work experience
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our facebook page or our website.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/daayitwa/
Website : www.daayitwa.org
Click on I'm Interested to send us your portfolio.