Program and Policy Intern
- Kupondole Rd, Patan 44600, Nepal
Daayitwa is a campaign for economic empowerment with the vision of an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future. It operates three clusters at grassroots, government and global levels. It supports rural growth-oriented entrepreneurs to accelerate their innovations and grow other entrepreneurs in their local communities. Leveraging the grassroots learning, it collaborates with the government to conduct policy research and advocate for economic policy reform. Finally, it transforms these interventions into a global campaign that nurtures enterprising mindset in Nepalis by bolstering leadership capacity in enterprise ecosystem stakeholders.
Position Title: Program and Policy Intern
No. of Vacancy: 1
Contract Duration: 8-10 months
Application Deadline: March 10, 2018
Weekly Hours: Full-Time (Temporary)
The Fellowship Intern is responsible for providing critical support and leadership in planning and execution of governance and research programs. The person will work directly with fellows, participants, researchers, coach and coaching assistant to identify the challenges the fellows face during the fellowship and leadership training, and provide necessary solutions and program-level support for meaningful and productive experience. The key focus of the Intern will be on the Daayitwa Summer Fellowship Program 2018. The Intern receives supervision from the Manager, Governance and Research Cluster.
- Work together with Daayitwa program team in executing the fellowship at all stages of program implementation
- Work closely with partner Members of Parliament (MPs), public institutions, and stakeholders for the successful implementation of the fellowship program
- Prepare minutes/reports of important meetings and events as well as support program documentation
- Carry out research where needed and prepare reports
- Strengthen partnership with Daayitwa stakeholders, including youth, government, private companies, universities, local communities, NGOs and international development partners
- Be involved in advocacy campaigns (centrally and locally) to support the process of creating an enhanced enabling environment for entrepreneurs
- Support operations of the Daayitwa’s program and events
- Bachelors' degree completion but can be waived off if the person has many years of relevant experience.
- Some years of relevant experience working with government or other relevant stakeholders, excellence in Nepali language, typing and translation skills would be considered an additional advantage. Key is a growth mindset.
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our facebook page or our website.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/daayitwa/
Website : www.daayitwa.org
Click on I'm Interested to send us your portfolio.