Civic Engagement Intern
- Kupondole Heights Road, Patan 44600, Nepal
Daayitwa is a campaign for economic empowerment with the vision of an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future. It operates three clusters at grassroots, government and global levels. It supports rural growth-oriented entrepreneurs to accelerate their innovations and grow other entrepreneurs in their local communities. Leveraging the grassroots learning, it collaborates with the government to conduct policy research and advocate for economic policy reform. Finally, it transforms these interventions into a global campaign that nurtures enterprising mindset in Nepalis by bolstering leadership capacity in enterprise ecosystem stakeholders.
Position Title: Civic Engagement Intern
Internship Duration: 21/01/2018 21/08/2018 - (8 months with possibility of extension with mutual understanding)
Base: Kupondole, Lalitpur and field visits.
Start date: January 21st, 2018
Weekly Hours: 42 hours (Full-time)
The civic engagement intern will assist the Project Coordinator in the project Youth Engagement for Youth Employment (YEYE) under Leadership & Civic Engagement Cluster with following responsibilities:
• Assist the project coordinator to foster youth civic engagement and facilitate grassroots advocacy campaigns of Young Innovation Leaders to tackle the youth employment issues in Palpa, Butwal and Kathmandu
• Assist in facilitation on field research on youth employment and grow an action-oriented momentum about youth employment issues in the field.
• Assist to coordinate and organize leadership discussion series at local, provincial and federal levels to bring together youth and public leaders for learning and collaboration.
• Assist to liaison with the management team for the implementation of the project.
• Experience in conduction of events, programs and discussion programs.
• Demonstrated experience in coordination management, networking, and advocacy with government authorities and stakeholders at the district level.
• Understanding of accountability towards beneficiary privacy and data protection.
• Knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and Skype.
• Experience working with an NGO or INGO and/or governmental programmes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
• Ability to work in a team
To learn more about Daayitwa and our work, do visit our facebook page or our website.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/daayitwa/
Website : www.daayitwa.org
Click on I'm Interested to apply for the position.