Senior Accountant, International Accounting, DaVita International
- Chiswick Park, Chiswick, London W4, UK
DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a Fortune 500® company, is one of the largest health care providers in the United States. Outside of the United States, DaVita Inc.’s international operating subsidiary (DaVita International) provides coordinated care to patients across 10 countries. Our physician-led community focuses on and strives for improved clinical outcomes, better patient experiences, more fulfilling clinician experiences and being a great place to work. Given our strong physician network and cooperating partners, we are able to provide a high-quality care with specific focus on seamless transitions of care, individualised care plans and excellent medical outcomes.
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we are poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the International DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
The DaVita International Finance and Accounting team supports finance and accounting teams across 10 different markets covering Europe, APAC and Latin America. It is a small team with very diverse responsibilities such as financial planning and analysis, M&A and strategic mid/long term financial development. It aims to break the status quo, re-evaluate processes and transform the division into a lean and rigorous financial structure. The International Finance Team values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial wellbeing and your future.
- An exciting, collaborative and driven multinational environment.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for our patients.
The purpose of this position is to support international subsidiaries through accounting, review, analysis, and reporting of each period’s close activities. Provide support and training to our international subsidiaries to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved in alignment with DaVita's Mission and Core Values.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position, however, these are not exhaustive.
- Ensure accurate US GAAP/IFRS financials and local statutory financials are properly prepared for all of the countries assigned and maintenance of GAAP to statutory financial reconciliations.
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis, account reconciliation, and ad hoc schedules.
- Prepare & analyze financial statements including variance analysis, aging schedules, and account reconciliations.
- Investigate and resolve issues on complex accounts.
- Primary contact for international and US customers.
- Support annual statutory audit processes ensuring timely and accurate country specific filings.
- Train foreign teammates as needed.
- Participate in special accounting projects as necessary.
- Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts and process documentation.
- Play a lead role with other departments to solve issues, establish policies and improve processes.
- Able and willing to undertake international travel as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Following are the qualifications and certifications associated for this job position. Some are required and others are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent required
- CPA license or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience performing and accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, financial statements and account reconciliations.
- General knowledge of SOX, US GAAP/IFRS and accounting procedures
- Intermediate to advanced computers skills required in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
DaVita promotes equal opportunity employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or any other impermissible criteria under law.
DaVita reserves the right to modify this description at any time with or without notice.