Architectural Specification Writer, Intermediate-Senior Level
- 1221 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Roseville, CA 95678, USA
IF YOU ARE A SPECIFIER, THIS IS THE PLACE TO WORK!!!
DTR Consulting Services is a specialized Architectural Specification Writing Firm & Building Envelope (Enclosure) Consulting Firm focused on the technical aspects within the Building Industry. We assist Owners, Developers & Design Professionals throughout the US with the most technical aspects of physical constructed building during design, construction and post occupancy. DTR is focused on the good architectural decisions and true sustainability using “Building Science”.
LOOKING FOR THAT NEW JOB THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL TRULY VALUED…
DTR staff are trained architects, engineers and technical staff with advance education and hands on experience to go beyond esthetic design. Our Firm also provides many other technical architectural services such as writing construction specifications, providing your projects 3rd party QC/Peer Review Services and many others. With more than $1B annually in new, renovated or reconstruction projects, DTR can meet your project needs.
DTR is one of the largest construction specifications writing firms in the US as well as a highly regarded Building Enclosure/Waterproofing and Forensic Consulting Firm, with multiple offices throughout California and Arizona. DTR is a Building Science & technical Architectural Firm who brings highly practical solutions to exciting, large and/or complex building projects being designed and constructed throughout the US and abroad. We are also known as the “Building Science Guys"
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right brilliant people to help us expand and prosper. We love good architecture, building science, technology, education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects and the environment you always wanted. Our Management style is to hire those who are self-motivated, eager to learn, confident and unafraid to fail. In doing so, we trust in each other's individual performance.
The Sacramento Office of DTR Consulting Services, Inc. (DTR) located in Roseville, CA are actively seeking an intermediate to senior level architectural specifier who love continual learning, has good social skills and good communication abilities. This person may be a licensed or non-licensed or staff person with on-going and progressive experience in writing, editing and developing specifications on architectural projects. DTR is one of the largest construction specifications writing firms in California.
This position will include working with senior architects and building envelope architects to develop technical specifications, accurately prepare project manuals and work with our client designers, assisting with product selections. Person may also oversee junior specifiers in multiple offices.
DTR is seeking professional person with desire to use their architectural and/or interior background and experience in technical position working with our Architectural Specifier Team on high profile projects around the country with top firm designers and architects on Commercial, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Civic, Retail, Institutional and high-end residential type projects.
Qualified candidates are considered problem solvers with the ability to develop practical and innovative solutions for the built environment, holds licensure as an Architect and/or Engineer, or has other related industry-recognized professional certifications such as CDT, CCS, CCCA or similar.
This position offers significant potential for growth in the areas of technical/ professional development and will be part of an exceptional, well regarded team working on projects throughout the United States.
A minimum of 5 years’ Architectural or related experience of increased specification development responsibility, plus:
- Proficient in reading construction drawings (plans, elevations, sections, schedules), details, and all discipline specifications.
- Accompany Principals in project meetings and other coordination efforts with firm clients and building owners. Travel outside local area as workload and projects require.
- Have manufactures reps and field techs resource contacts that you would rely on to get project specifications developed in a fashion to ensure product/assembly warranties.
- Experience with national master specifications, licensed by BSD and/or AVITRU (previously ARCOM).
- Experience in working in teams researching product materials and manufactures requirements for architectural projects.
- Perform specification edits, assembling Project Manuals, printing and formatting specifications for all disciplines.
- Bachelor's in Architecture, interior architecture, Construction Management, or related field, a plus.
- Develop individual skills and pursue professional development opportunities to advance career.
- Work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others
- Membership in Construction Specifications Institute (CSI). CDT Certification is a plus. CSI, AIA or LEED AP will merit additional consideration.
- Software Proficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, w/ advanced Word training.
- Proficient with MS Outlook Email & Calendar
- Bluebeam Revu & Adobe Acrobat to respond to Client reviews.
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter outlining how their experience meets the job requirements and what their professional aspirations are. Include an up to date resume, which includes a full career history. Applicants can submit these documents as one or more PDF file, or paste your cover letter into the notes section. Resumes received without a Cover Letter, will NOT be considered.
Compensation & Benefits: Excellent base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO (Vacation, Personal Time & Sick Days), generous Professional Development Assistance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Direct Deposit and Free Parking. Great Place to work and grow professionally (including very adventurous Staff Appreciation Days). Must have a good driving record and willing to travel. DTR will provide professional training professional development assistance,
plus ongoing building science educational training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
Drug Free Workplace