Architectural/Engineering Draftsperson/Job Captain-Experienced Level
- 450 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203, USA
DTR is seeking professional Architectural Drafting Person/ Job Captain with desire to expand their EXPERIENCE & COMPENSATION potential, into the building enclosure/ building science industry with a background in the architectural or engineering. We are looking to hire an experienced-level Draftsman/ Job Captain with technical ability to draft waterproofing details, air barriers, curtain walls components, window systems, façade materials and roofing assemblies working with an experienced Building Envelope Architect. A qualified candidate has six (6) or more years of relevant production work experience including participation on project teams from inception to completion..
LOOKING FOR THAT NEW JOB THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL VALUED…
DTR is seeking professional person with desire to use their A/E education, background and experience in technical position working with our Building Envelope Architects and Specifiers on high profile projects around the western US, with top firm designers and architects. Commercial, Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Civic, Retail, Institutional and high-end residential project. Qualified candidates are considered problem solvers with the ability to develop practical and innovative solutions for the built environment, possibly seeking licensure as an Architect or Engineer, or pursuing related industry-recognized professional certifications.
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right brilliant people to help us expand and prosper. We love good architecture, building science, technology, education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects and the environment you always wanted. Our Management style is to hire those who are self-motivated, eager to learn, confident and unafraid to fail. In doing so, we trust in each other's individual performance.
An Experienced-Level Draftsperson/Job Captain with a technical ability to:
- Draft technical details and sections in both AutoCAD and REVIT software on windows operating system.
- Strong detailing experience in private and public sector experience
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural and civil drawings, including specifications.
- Strong knowledge of building construction, materials, and systems.
- Conduct material research along with meeting vendors as necessary to understand materials/ products
- Set up construction drawing sheets to conform to project requirements and office standards.
- Assist with file exchanges, coordination and communication with consultants.
- Work in conjunction with Project Manager to meet scheduled deliverables.
- Provide support on various tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Coordinate drawings with architectural and/or structural, mechanical, plumbing, and other related consultants drawings
- Manage junior level staff through to completion of all submissions
- Must be comfortable in support role and possess ability to work with minimum supervision.
Minimum 6 years of progressive architectural/engineering drafting experience, including:
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Science or related field is a plus
- Ability to work from redline sketches and manufacture product details to create accurate Revit/CAD drawings that maintain technical design intent.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Basic knowledge of building envelope systems (roofing, waterproofing and facade), construction
- Should be familiar with CBC, CRC, IBC, IRC, and related building codes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Sense of humor a plus…
- Expert level proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Proficient in REVIT to evaluate drawings (plans and elevations), details, and facilitate the exchange of models with architect clients
- Bluebeam Revu & Adobe Acrobat to complete design reviews
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Sketchup is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computer, printer, tablet, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment. Requirements may also include:
- Proficient at reading construction drawings, specifications, diagrams, printed materials at computer screens
- Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Authorized to work in the US
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter outlining how their experience meets the job requirements and what their professional aspirations are. Include an up to date resume, which includes a full career history. Applicants should submit these documents as one (1) PDF file, when possible. Resumes received without a Cover Letter, will NOT be considered.
Compensation: Competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Days, TOP NOTCH Professional Development Assistance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, Performance Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Direct Deposit, Free Parking & Very Very Adventurous Staff Outings)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.