Building Enclosure Consultant I
- 450 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203, USA
DTR Consulting provides building envelope design, 3rd party peer reviews, construction observation/
inspection services, enclosure commissioning, site assessments and building forensics for a vast array of building types and uses. We are currently seeking an intermediate Building Envelope/ Enclosure Consultant with strong CAD skills, to complement our growing Building Sciences team in California. This person will play a role in the delivery of building envelope/waterproofing deliverables, QA/QC peer reviews, condition assessments/evaluations, forensic investigations, 3rd party construction inspections, etc.
DTR is a Building Science & technical Architectural Firm who brings highly practical solutions to exciting, large and/or complex building projects being designed and constructed throughout the US and abroad. We are also known as the “Building Science Guys”. (We bring Science into Architecture...) Working with various design teams, developers and building Owners to bring "sound architectural solutions" to unique projects as well as provide other technical services, such as Building Enclosure & Waterproofing Consulting, Building Forensic Investigations, QC/QA Peer Reviews, Hygrothermal Modeling/ Calculations, develop technical Specifications and Remediation Architectural Services. DTR is one of the largest construction specifications writing firms in the US as well as a highly regarded Building Enclosure/Waterproofing and Forensic Consulting Firm, with multiple offices throughout California and Arizona.
LOOKING FOR THAT NEW JOB THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL VALUED…
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right brilliant people to help us expand and prosper. We love good architecture, building science, technology, education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects and the environment you always wanted. Our Management style is to hire those who are self-motivated, eager to learn, confident and unafraid to fail. In doing so, we trust in each other's individual performance.
This position offers significant potential for growth in the areas of technical/ professional development and will be part of an exceptional, well regarded team working on projects throughout the United States. This position is responsible for:
- Assist in coordinating building envelope/commissioning project activities.
- Provide expert advice on design processes and/or construction methods.
- Prepare building envelope design reports, recommending material/assemblies for new and remedial construction.
- Recommend practical application of theories and data derived from building science engineering research.
- Prepare CAD drawings and specifications on various projects.
- Assist in business development, including drafting new scope.
- Investigate, advise, and assist in solving unusual design problems.
- Perform hygrothermal modeling and other calcs using WUFI and HAM.
- Oversee construction phase services; field observation/inspection, documentation and response to non-compliant work.
A minimum of 5 years’ Building Envelope (Enclosure) experience of increased responsibility that includes:
Must be analytical minded and self-motivated.
- Strong written & oral communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- In-depth construction administration field experience.
- Works well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work
accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Professional licensure and/or advanced certifications, RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC & RBEC a plus.
- Project management experience, a plus
- Participation in industry professional organizations, in field of specialty and works in a generalist
capacity with technical knowledge of Building Science.
- Interact with leadership, external client organizations, consultants and vendors.
- Candidates must have the ability to clearly understand contracts, construction drawings and specifications.
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter outlining how their experience meets the job requirements and what their professional aspirations are. Include an up to date resume, which includes a full career history. Applicants should submit these documents as one (1) PDF file. Resumes received without a Cover Letter, will NOT be considered.
Compensation & Benefits: Excellent base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO (Vacation, Personal Time & Sick Days), generous Professional Development Assistance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Direct Deposit and Free Parking. Great Place to work and grow professionally (including very adventurous Staff Appreciation Days). Must have a good driving record and willing to travel. DTR will provide professional training professional development assistance,
plus ongoing building science educational training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
Drug Free Workplace