Operations Manager - Leicester
- Leicester, UK
- Area: Region 5
- Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days - Weekend Working Included
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager to join and strengthen our highly experienced Depot management team and help our people to achieve ever-greater heights by leading and inspiring from the front. Could this be you?
In this role you will be a crucial member of the management team who oversees the smooth running of our operation, helping your Depot to achieve outstanding service to our customers but also achieve challenging objectives around Cost, Health & Safety, Security, Productivity and Transport.
Additionally you’ll also have accountability for;
- Recruitment, development and retention of staff, ensuring all compliance and all Employee Relations processes are being followed
- Managing P&L through effective planning and reporting.
- Improving the overall support to the Operation whilst concentrating on new and innovative ways of working.
What we’re looking for;
- You will have extensive experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution industries.
- You will have the ability to run a fast paced operation, managing and motivating high performing operational teams.
- Experience of monitoring performance, with the ability to analyse data in order to identify improvements and successfully implement change.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence strategy.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you an 1st class Operations Manager.
Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 shifts, which could include weekend working.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative, attractive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD with long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, the DPD Personality of the Year and an award ceremony at our annual company conference attended by over 1,000 delegates.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer