Shift Manager - Nights
- Bournemouth, UK
- Area: Region 7
- Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Nights - Weekend Working Included
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Manager, to help strengthen our depot operations team. This role is based at our Depot in Bournemouth BH21 7BU
In this role you will be managing a team of warehouse operatives throughout the ni.ght making sure that they are engaged, organised and motivated, whilst they unload the lorries that arrive into the Depot in the most efficient and timely manner . You will oversee the accurate sortation of the parcels to ensure this is achieved in line with Key Performance Indicators.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- Ensure company Confirmed At Depot (CAD) % is achieved
- Ensure depot Throughput target is achieved in line with targeted tip time
- Ensure company target for Saturations is achieved
- Achieve depot "parcels per person hour" target
- Achieving all Depot objectives relating to Health & Safety, productivity, and cost to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- Resourcing additional staff at short notice in the event of any employee absence
What we’re looking for;
You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. Additionally we would also expect:
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage a team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a successful Shift Manager.
There is a fixed Shift Pattern for this role: Tuesday - Saturday or Friday to Tuesday. Hours: 00:00 - 08:30
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer