7.5 Tonne Collections and Delivery Driver
- Greenford, UK
- Area: Region 9
- Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days - Weekend Working Included
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
Our Site Manager is looking for a 1st class 7.5 Tonne Collection and Delivery Driver to support the continued growth of their depot in Greenford UB2 4SE
As a 7.5 Tonne Collection and Delivery with DPD you'll be the face of our company so you will be passionate about delivering world class service to our customers. You will also need a flexible outlook, a friendly personality and a smart and professional appearance. You will responsible for:
- Making multi-drop collections and deliveries in and around the local area
- Working to time critical deadlines and set collection times
- Ensuring we provide a service to customers' that is second to none
- Keeping & maintaining regular records & journey details
To be considered for this role you must have
- A valid 7.5T (C1) licence, DQC (Driver Qualification Card) and CPC accreditation
- Good communication skills, a can do attitude and customer focused approach
- The ability to prioritise and work on your own initiative when under pressure
- Prior multi-drop driving experience would be beneficial, but full training is available
- A clean licence and some basic administration skills would be preferred
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
As our depots operate 7 days a week you will be required to work 5 from 7 shifts which could include some weekend working.
As an employee of DPD you will benefit from:
- An excellent pay structure
- Career development
- Company uniform
- Internal training programme
- Fully funded CPC renewal
- Flexible overtime
- Modern and well maintained fleet
As well a competitive hourly rate you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer